Unknown plugs on 2019 R1250RT

Deleted account 231102001

Reaction score
Hi I was recently fitting Wunderlich Engine Guards to my R1250RT and noticed two unused plugs one on the left side and the other on the right side under the front fairings. Can anyone tell me what these are used for? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0475.jpg
    IMG_0475.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 126
Hi casbar are both for the front auxiliary lights? I was hoping to fit lights but wasn’t sure how these would be wired. Does this mean I need an auxiliary wiring loom that will attach to these plugs. Thanks again.

Hi casbar are both for the front auxiliary lights? I was hoping to fit lights but wasn’t sure how these would be wired. Does this mean I need an auxiliary wiring loom that will attach to these plugs. Thanks again.

yes, one for each side, but fitting aux lights is not that simple to use those plugs. You would need the Correct lights and plugs, then you have to have them switched on by BMW, it is a coding thing in the ecu, so not as simple as using a GS911 to switch. You will also need the switch gear. They will not be active at the moment.

By far the easier option unless you have ££££ is to buy something like a couple of Denali D2s (or whatever model - UK suppliers), Denali supply under mirror brackets for the spots. You can then run them off a Hex or Cansmart, which will allow you to have different brightness for daytime, vs night and full beam, switch the one off when indicating, so they don't wash out the indicators and several other options to flash when you press the horn etc. Or you could just buy some aux lights and wire direct without touching the can bus. Loads of options other than the BMW aux lights

I have both and rarely have my BMW aux lights on. The Denali does the job better

can you not you just fix a inline fuses etc and another switch ?

To what? The BMW wiring is not live until switched on by coding. If you fit your own spots, guess you can do what you want, but would need a relay and switch. But if you want to control from the wonder wheel or have different functions, you need it connected to the can bus.

Read your wanted post, even if you get a set of BMW aux lights, they will not work until the plugs are made live, which is not a GS911 job, but a BMW coding job. Of course, it maybe different on a 21 bike, but on my 19 1250, the plugs were not live until BMW did their bit and it also needed the switch as its part of the 3 wire connection.

casbar ,on my old k1600 (19 plate)
i used a set of ebay jobbies straight to the battery and relay,put a rocker switch in the panel and it worked fine,but had to remember to turn them on and off,no problems.

casbar ,on my old k1600 (19 plate)
i used a set of ebay jobbies straight to the battery and relay,put a rocker switch in the panel and it worked fine,but had to remember to turn them on and off,no problems.

Exactly, that is why I decided on an integrated solution. Spent ££££ on a bike, decided not to skimp (within reason) on lights. But each to their own, just pointing out, it is not as simple as plugging into the two spare plugs.

Back
Top Bottom