usefull travel/camping gadgets

harlequin6

Reaction score
I've just bought a set of system panniers of paragon this week for my first camping foray since school. ( I'm waiting for Vern's return to the fold for a set of his lovelies ) Along with a large stuffa sack and a tank bag this should be sufficient for a couple of weeks in scotland. I know , I know it's hardly RTW but I'm a new gsa convert and i'm starting my 1st trip steady to make all the f***-ups within reach of a travellodge!

Then I will see if I can tag along on a club jamboree without embarassing myself.

I've bought the tent / self inflating matress etc ( any suggestions for a self inflating girlfriend ?) but I am trying to quell my frenzy to buy enough kit to equip an SAS patrol.

However, I've seen this nifty solar powered battery charger that will pay for itself pretty quickly if my streetpilot's habbits persist.

Any thoughts on the charger / other essentials.

I hope the link works!

HARLEQUIN6

harlequin6 said:

I've bought the tent / self inflating matress etc ( any suggestions for a self inflating girlfriend ?)
HARLEQUIN6

Try my sister Stella she's got an over inflated opinion of herself. ;)

Just hope the old horse looks the other way while you try it out.

Somehow, I imagined that as we'll be eating a pig-in-a-bun in a field, plates would not be required!

The charger is interesting, but not very powerful and quite expensive. The Maplins version is under £20 and is slightly more powerful at 83ma.

37466i0.jpg

However, you've got to get these things in perspective - in real terms they produce feck-all power - barely enough to power a small torch (and only when the sun is shining!) but might make the difference between a flat battery and a start if you're drawing bike battery power overnight.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom