Vario Top Box on R1250RS

RichardD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just in case anyone ever wondered what it looked like...

It fits right on to the "luggage grid" which happened to be fitted to my bike. Handy for occasional use, I reckon, although it appears to hang quite a long way out back - as most boxes do on the RS.

Can I clarify, is this the standard RS luggage attachment as supplied by BMW and just so happens a Vario box fits, or was it a more specific luggage attachment that was perchance fitted to your bike by a previous owner?
thanks

My bike is fitted with the optional “luggage grid”…

08d03326868432d56d1ce3a95a046d2f.png

Can I clarify, is this the standard RS luggage attachment as supplied by BMW and just so happens a Vario box fits, or was it a more specific luggage attachment that was perchance fitted to your bike by a previous owner?
thanks
Kaybe,
It fits onto the standard luggage grid supplied by BMW.
It is a very robust rack and doesn’t need any additional mounting plates, unlike the GS.

I use a Shad top plate on mine and use their 47 litre top box which I think looks better than the squarer options but is less practical in terms of storage.

And I moved to a 46L metal GIVI Trekker in 2022. Obviously with the GIVI adaptor plate to suit the RS. I love it. Wish I'd changed sooner.

The "Cube" boxes have soooo much more useable volume.

Back
Top Bottom