Via Points and 6.14.1

Chisurz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes, before I get berrated for being foolish, I did install 6.14.1 before I'd properly checked it over, but I have it now, so I just have to get on with it...

Which brings me to my question: How do I get the 'Via Point' function to work? You know, click-on-the-route-and-drag-it-to-the-chosen-road... Whatton describes the function very well in his tutorial and it used to work very well in the previous version, but it doesn't seem to work in 6.14.1...:confused:

Am I missing some setting? Or has it just been dropped by the developers in the rush to deliver the new interface?

Cheers

route drag

still works on mine v6.14.1

Make a route from a to b then select the selection tool ( the arrow pointer ) and click on the route to chage it yellow and when I click it again I can drag across to other roads, just like previous versions.

Yes, before I get berrated for being foolish, I did install 6.14.1 before I'd properly checked it over, but I have it now, so I just have to get on with it...

Which brings me to my question: How do I get the 'Via Point' function to work? You know, click-on-the-route-and-drag-it-to-the-chosen-road... Whatton describes the function very well in his tutorial and it used to work very well in the previous version, but it doesn't seem to work in 6.14.1...:confused:

Am I missing some setting? Or has it just been dropped by the developers in the rush to deliver the new interface?

Cheers

Not using 6.14.1 myself, but I read somewhere that the 'active' bit of the selection arrow is not at the tip but somewhere inside the arrow head in 6.14.1 :confused:. Try moving the arrow head further over the route and then click to select. HTH

Just tested it in 6.14.1 and it works for me,

Make sure the route is "active" (colour changes to yellow) before selecting the via point, the rubber band should then appear and you drag/drop via viapoint.

Mapsource

Cheers

I had exactly the same problem as you, no matter where I clicked on the arrow it only worked about one out of six go's.In the end I went back to Version 6.13.7 and it works every time now. Cheer Ken.

Just tested it in 6.14.1 and it works for me,

Make sure the route is "active" (colour changes to yellow) before selecting the via point, the rubber band should then appear and you drag/drop via viapoint.

Works for me but not first time every time on the Vista laptop, seems to pick up much easier on the XP laptop though....

I had exactly the same problem as you, no matter where I clicked on the arrow it only worked about one out of six go's.In the end I went back to Version 6.13.7 and it works every time now. Cheer Ken.

I've read that the problem might be you expect the point of the arrow to do the action, whereas as you need to have the fatter bit of the arrow head over the track.

Thank you gentlemen - truly bizarre, but as noted by Mr Armstrong and Tomcat, it seems necessary to use the fat part of the arrow!

Silly me :blast I should have realised - fancy expecting the pointy bit to be the part of the arrow head to get on the line :rolleyes:

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom