Vista PC World comment

Andrew from Basing

Reaction score
My laptop runs Vista and for the first few months ran perfectly but recently the screen started flahing on and off when ever the machine was started....it's clears itself within a few seconds but I decided to take it back to PC World where I bought it from last May. The youff, sorry Technician, in the repair centre told me that it's a common fault with Vista and he has seen many PC's with the same problem even his own laptop does it like that's supposed to make me feel better:mad:

Anyone know if this is a common fault that I just have to live with:confused:

I run Vista machines on laptops and the only screen flash I am aware of is when changes to Graphics properties are applied or after unlocking a machine running dual monitors.

I run Vista machines on laptops and the only screen flash I am aware of is when changes to Graphics properties are applied or after unlocking a machine running dual monitors.

Nothing on a Google search for Vista problems either.........

Might be a PC World specific model problem :nenau

My laptop...

My laptop runs Vista and for the first few months ran perfectly but recently the screen started flahing on and off when ever the machine was started....it's clears itself within a few seconds but I decided to take it back to PC World where I bought it from last May. The youff, sorry Technician, in the repair centre told me that it's a common fault with Vista and he has seen many PC's with the same problem even his own laptop does it like that's supposed to make me feel better:mad:

Anyone know if this is a common fault that I just have to live with:confused:

which was also purchased from PC World and runs Vista does not have any problems with the screen flashing....:D and youff is a better description of their technicians.

The only time I have had similar to this is when you run an application that does not work with the Aero part of Vista enabled - basically Vista disables Aero whilst you use the app and then re-enables it after - you just get a screen flash when it enables/disables but I am sure it warns you of this the first time it does it.

The only time I have had similar to this is when you run an application that does not work with the Aero part of Vista enabled - basically Vista disables Aero whilst you use the app and then re-enables it after - you just get a screen flash when it enables/disables but I am sure it warns you of this the first time it does it.

:thumb2 Good call....it's the 3d acceleration being disabled and depending on the Graphics card, it could easily cause a flash like that.

(Mine does it everytime I start/end the TV application- and it warns of it everytime)

My laptop does it ... and I narrowed it down to either Logitech streampoint or Acer Launch Manager ... doesn't seem to want to start while the Aero is up and running ... I ignore it...

:nenauI've got a week old HP Compaq 6720 and it also does it everytime you wake it up from standby. Annoying but something that passes. :nenau

Back
Top Bottom