Watch your driving lady....

notadrop

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Jeez! I can't believe it. Read the threads about City Slickers horn conversion kit and thought...nah not for me thanks.......ho ho ho how wrong I was!!!!
I, a sceptic won them at the Princetown rally, as he had donated a set as a prize.
Got them home and fitted them - out on the commute Monday into London. Stupid women applying make up on the move [ not being sexist - if it had been a man applying make up I would have called him stupid too!!]. Wandering a bit to close to me, for my liking........'toot' 'toot' came out ' I'M A VERY BIG WAGON AND I'M RIGHT ON TOP OF YOU LOUD HORN' ...........hoh hoh hoh. I had not thought when pressing the button that I had something so wicked and top notch for bikes [ I confess it startled me!!].
SUPERB City Slicker!
I can now whole heartedly recommend this bit of kit!!
P.S. She didn't ignore me - she got back to concentrating on what she should have been - DRIVING

Now......... I have just had some red LED, ready made inserts put in my rear indicators - designed and fitted and sold by Malky.............watch for the report!
;)

Cool, glad those dreamy drivers got woken up.

PS : Noticed anyone staring at your rear ? They stare at mine. but I guess if you moved the top box it may happen having a pillion and all. Hey bakerman is able to move the top box with his mind. :)

notadrop said:
Jeez! I can't believe it. Read the threads about City Slickers horn conversion kit and thought...nah not for me thanks.......ho ho ho how wrong I was!!!!
I, a sceptic won them at the Princetown rally, as he had donated a set as a prize.

Thanks for the hearty thumbs up with the horn kit Notadrop - I don't know anyone who doesn't feel that little bit more 'in command' on the road with these fitted - short of one of these puppies:
kpm134.jpg

I developed this kit for myself originally after having been run into while stationary by a woman, coincidentally, who wasn't looking my way when she pulled out of a side road. I was impressed how much damage she managed to cause to the front of her car against my front wheel which survived intact.

Many people think that using the horn is a form of rebuke, which indeed is how many CAR drivers intend. Many is the time I've commented that there goes another car that has the horn switch on the brake pedal. But since my little accident I really don't care how many people I might offend - READ THE HIGHWAY CODE - it's a warning of your presence to other road users and if other people get upset it's their problem.

Since fitting the horn I have been impressed that even at motorway speeds the sound carries far enough to warn motorists of my presence.

If anyone else is interested in the kit, please take a look at the information on www.GSer.com or drop me a line.

short of one of these puppies:

Still working on this one - if you have an 1150, you need the heavy duty alternator, as spinning the barrels takes a fair bit of current. 1100 is OK, but forget it on an airhead.
Best mounted on the right, if you have Zega cases, as you can use the R/H case ( no cut-out ) to store the belt, with the feed running under your right knee.

I recommend fitting the kit with H&B top bars, as these give good support to the feed chute, and allows the "empties" chute to route down and backwards.

Pictures to follow - price TBA, when I have got the supply chain sorted, and found a source of end-user certificates...:D

Also see

www.janesfightingvehicles.com/motorcycles/bmwgs/minigun
;)

Touratech minigun.

Do you use standard shells, or depleted uranium?

Standard only - DUC weigh too much. You'll never get 200 miles to a tank carrying a pannier full of those.
Besides, even the standard load will go through a Volvo lengthwise...

Back
Top Bottom