Wet, windy, wintry weather wear!!

Marty

Reaction score
Simple one really - suffering from S.A.D. what with all this shite weather this past few days. Have got to thinking about my winter commute and perhaps a new wardrobe this year!

Recommendations for good, quality, all weather kit please (doesn't have to be BM but does have to be waterproof, warm and protective)

ta

Marty:cloak

Aerostich one-piece Roadcrafter, armoured, Gortex, waterproof, goes over your everyday clothes.

Been commuting 40 miles down the M1 into central London for three years with mine along with several thousand miles of touring in Europe. It's brilliant.

www.aerostich.com

Hot recommendation heated grips

Just taken a look at the website - very much like the look of the suit and what it offers.

Did you source it from the US or find a UK supplier? If US what was the damage for postage?

thanks for a sound suggestion - bring on the winter!!!!!!!!

In a nutshell... Belstaff! Also, if you suffer from the dreaded sad, get some specs with vermillion lenses.

Re: Hot recommendation heated grips

Marty said:
Just taken a look at the website - very much like the look of the suit and what it offers.

Did you source it from the US or find a UK supplier? If US what was the damage for postage?

thanks for a sound suggestion - bring on the winter!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately there is no UK supplier.

The postage is the least of your worries, import duty and VAT make much more of a difference. So it is a lot more expensive than it looks on a straight pound - dollar comparison.

Having said that I've had a 'stich for the past 8 or so years and would definitely recommend getting one.

-- Guido

Madmountainman said:
In a nutshell... Belstaff! Also, if you suffer from the dreaded sad, get some specs with vermillion lenses.

Yellow/orange lenses. :) Just remember not to take them off outside. It is SO depressing to see just how grey and dull it really is ... :(

-- Guido

SAD

Boots = Daytona (I have the Trans Open GTX) have never let a drop through.

Savanna II with gore-tex lining, never let a drop through

Yoko = like a waterproof duvet with armour

if you suffer the cold get yourself a heated vest. Widder or BWM. Keep your heated grips on and wear an electric vest and your body's core temperature doesn't drop - keeps your reaction times good. Comfort=safety.

I love riding in the rain!

BOOTS

Alt-Berg boots, had mine 4 years total waterproof great to walk in and best of all they will repair ANYTHING on the boot from sole to inside lining all for about £120.00

Re: Hot recommendation heated grips

It's not the cheapest bit of kit, but I've found nothing on sale here that matches it.

By the time you have paid import duty, and then VAT on top of the duty you are looking at the sterling equivalent of the price in dollars, plus postage.

ie. if it's priced at 600 dollars you will end up paying 600 pounds, plus about 40 pounds postage. They send it airmail via UPS who collect the duty at your front door.

One piece of advice, ring them up about sizing and take their advice. I thought I was thinner than they did, and had to send my first suit back because it was too tight. Ouch!

Arlen Ness Goretex leather trousers and jacket!

Expensive but worth every penny.

Great if you still want leather but remain 100% dry.

:beerjug:

Belstaff......

Someone on the list (Newmann 7096 I think) has just sold a Belstaff Explorer Jacket which is absolutely superb for comfort, style and is 100% waterproof. It went for a song as well on Ebay....

I've had various gear but quality and value for money Belstaff does it for me. BMW is good but WAY to pricey.

HAve Fun

AndyT:cool:

Belstaff now sold and gone to new home and has been replaced with Belstaff Celsius!

Even better!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom