What is it with ill fitting helmets?

Satnav

I just spent the national debt on a system four_get it helmet and the bugger just dont fit, now whats that all about?.
I had to take the scissors to it, the gaffer tape to it, the evo stick to it and the f*****g araldite to it. When I tried it on at my very friendly dealer it fitted a treat for sure but when I started riding with it, rather like a chick with them chicken wing type inserts, I took it out, gave it great respect, carressed it, stroked it, got across it then despaired at its secret......it was no more than a hussey, making loud noises and squeezing my head for all its worth. These dealers, these manufacturers, these bastard crooks, they know how to be the hooker, they know the value of crap, it is hidden under the guise of bmw accessories and it knows all your numbers......The beast it be.
So the moral is this me old mates, try well before you buy, then try again on a bike, the evil beast of beemer will not forgive your sins, nor return your dosh, not even in part. Choose well your helmet, for like a fart in a spacesuit you are stuck with it.

an ill-fitting form that distorts the truth; deforms the mind; fetters the will.

Virginia Woolf...

Enough already!...... you need one of her "Sliks" bonnets....see below:-

Readily available still and it does what it says on the tin .

Follicularly challenged as so many of us are, such a pretentious titfer may not be strictly appropriate.....but money saved on hair cuts soon pays for the comfiest helmet in the world.... the Arai RX7-RR4.

Get two.

Most heads are at least a size bigger in the summer months. Blood rises with the sap...etc

Attachments

• sliks.jpg
    sliks.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 280
Re: an ill-fitting form that distorts the truth; deforms the mind; fetters the will.

boundless said:
Virginia Woolf...

Follicularly challenged as so many of us are, such a pretentious titfer may not be strictly appropriate.....but money saved on hair cuts soon pays for the comfiest helmet in the world.... the Arai RX7-RR4.

Get two.

Most heads are at least a size bigger in the summer months. Blood rises with the sap...etc
No way thats a terrible lookin elmit looks like it could fall of the backer yer edd at any speed an i bet it aint gotta kiyt mark finngy eeva ..my Arry elmit woz a bit tiyt so i cut it inarf wivanacsaw put sum ingis on it ssssgrayt now only fing is i cut that kiyt mark off but wen i was down clactun beech last week i gota foto of sumbodys kiyt so i stuk it on me elmit it gets in the way a bit i no i shoodnt of stuk it on the vizer bit

Hee hee...

shuck raider said:
Must be good if Billy Connolly is wearing one...............

Yes but the 'Big Yin' can get away with looking like an Elizabethan pike man.:p

Well, fortunately the dealers in Germany have test helmets so this shouldn't be a problem. Before I buy a helmet, I wear it around the store for 30 mins or so.

Having said that, I broke my rule and bought a System 4 over Germany Ebay when I was in the US. Fortunately, it fit great and is my favorite helmet. Oh, it was 220 euro (200 USD) new delivered about 18 mos ago.

Re: an ill-fitting form that distorts the truth; deforms the mind; fetters the will.

boundless said:
Virginia Woolf...

Get two.

Boundless

I have no shaggin idea what you are on about, but I can agree on the Arai I have an RX7 and its suits my head. also have a silky titfer from www.whitehorsepress.com eliminates helmet itch almost completely.........marvellous

are you simon eassom?

boundless said:
Virginia Woolf...

Get two.

actually can we see the rest of the foto?:D

Helmets

I've had more than a passing interest in the effectiveness of helmets since my accident last year.

Was told recently of the results of tests to measure the effectiveness of crash helmets in preventing serious injury. The main finding was that a relatively cheap helmet that fitted very well was much better than a very expensive one that didn't fit well.

It was as much the fit as anything else that allowed the helmet to do what it was intended to. My Schuberth fitted very well!!!

Was also told of the difficulty in getting a German manufactured helmet to fit a UK head well. It's something to do with the ratio's of the differing measurments of the head and it's no coinsidence that Germans are somtimes called "square heads"!

Back
Top Bottom