whats the difference

butchers dog

hayabusa rider thinking of buyin GS wots so different btween 1150gs and 1150 adv besides price

The Adventure:
  • has a slightly higher ride-height
  • a bigger windscreen
  • single bench seat
  • cosmetic differences like coloured wheels

The Adventure also has a different option list:
  • 30 litre tank
  • engine bars
  • gearbox ratios

The donkey is the same for both (although the Adv comes with a plug-in chip that enables it to run on paraffin and old chip-fat :D)

Whether you're looking at a regular 1150GS or and Adventure, black bikes are reckoned to be the best.

Compared with a 'Busa, you'll think that the bike is slow - but you'll cover twice the distance that you would on a 'Busa!

Greg

Also there are different gearbox options.

1st is lower on adv for easy off road starts.

Top is an overdrive on 1150.

:beerjug:

Oh yea ... Bule & White are the fastest ones. :D

Don't forget to mention the suspension; I was pleasantly surprised by the ADV; on all 3 previous 11xxgs'es I swapped the rear for a harder White Power shock, because the standerd wasn't strong enough for rides with pillion and camping gear.
Already planned to do the same when I bough the GSA last year,
but until now the shock survived all my (mis)use without any problem...

Hi Ya Butchers.
They forgot to mention that the ADV has the ladies wetting their pants as you ride past..Course only if it's silver !:D :D :D

Well let's put it another way.....

the vanilla GS is
grahamnorton.jpg
and the GS Adv is
vandamm.jpg

:D

PS Ignore the guys with the black ones..they're just jealous cos 1) they have to polish theirs and 2) they know the silver ones are faster

;)

:hide

… unless, of course you’re mate is a short ars …

Sorry, If your mate has an inside leg that is less than …

No, no, that’s right either …

Oh bugge … sodd …

Anyway, I’m sure that Jean-Claude is … less tall than the arse bandit, and Fanum is definitely talking arse, as usual.

However, the point is, you need to be taller than me to ride the Adv.

Ps MetalMan recons that the Adv looses out on handling (but only a smidgin), ‘cos of the higher ride height and therefore shorter wheelbase. That said, a ‘bussa defector is more likely to be concerned about tarmac corners than continent crossing capabilities, so the basic ‘girly’ :GS is the one to go for, and black is obviously the colour for him ‘cos he’ll want to spend all day polishing it (the bike, not the rocket).

Silver (aka Graphitan is the natural colour of a REAL :GSnote to self … no Graphitan option on the 1200) :thumb

higher ride height and therefore shorter wheelbase
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Higher ride height might well equate to marginally worse handling on corners but why does it mean shorter wheel base??

**PS i forgot JCV-D is a shortarse........mebbe i should have picked someone bigger heheheh**

Fanum said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

....but why does it mean shorter wheel base??
I assume because the rear paralever is running at a greater angle, the rear wheel is a few mm further forward.

However, at the front, the opposite applies, so I guess that the wheelbase is all but the same!

Greg

thanks for info

now not sure if black is fastest.........maybe silver!

butchers dog said:

Let's be clear about this - black is best.

BMWs in silver and yellow are for tossers and hairdressers!

Greg

Re: Re: whats the difference

Greg Masters said:
Let's be clear about this - black is best.

Greg

OOooooooo!!

GET HER!!!!!!!!!

Handbags at dawn Masters!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: whats the difference

Fanum said:
OOooooooo!!

GET HER!!!!!!!!!

Don't you mean "Bum Bags" at Dawn.......:D

BTW........It's gota be Black..............Or Carbon, which is of Course Black...........;)

CC

:cool:

Greg Masters said:
I assume because the rear paralever is running at a greater angle, the rear wheel is a few mm further forward.

However, at the front, the opposite applies, so I guess that the wheelbase is all but the same!

Greg
Yup Greg,

That's the way that’s pretty much how I'd figured it, ...

However, the wheelbase on the vanilla :GS is quoted at 1509, whereas the Adv claims 1501 …

So, the back has moved further forwards than the front has, but the middle has stayed in the same place, which must have some effect ... :confused: :D

... silver is the colour to go for though :thumb

Re: Re: Re: whats the difference

Fanum said:
OOooooooo!!

GET HER!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to scratch his eyes out - the bitch :D

Silver of course

butchers dog said:
thanks for info

With a silver GSA you are definately moving in the right direction!!

Seriously though (as if I wasn't) suggest a good test ride. I didn't test ride a GSA but based my buying choice on the standard GS. At the time of purchase I was not fully aware of the height difference - but I still don't think it would have put me off even if I had known.

Not sure how tall you are but the height 'could' be problem although like most GSA owners who aren't from the valley of the jolly green giant I have got used to the height.

BTW it's good to read a thread with good natured banter and not some of the more serious and personal posts we have been seeing lately. The comments certainly made me laugh :D :D

Just like to say (inbetween perms) at night the Black ADV looks better than the silver...cos ya cant see it. :dabone
To get around this the Silver comes with a "drab" detector in the mirrors..:hide

Zebedee said:
Yup Greg,

That's the way that’s pretty much how I'd figured it, ...

However, the wheelbase on the vanilla :GS is quoted at 1509, whereas the Adv claims 1501 …

So, the back has moved further forwards than the front has, but the middle has stayed in the same place, which must have some effect ... :confused: :D

... silver is the colour to go for though :thumb

I agree with Zeb about the colour and I think I agree with him about rest, but I may not....:confused:

To be honest, which ever bike in whatever colour you buy you'll be wearing the "grin" for a very long time:D

Back
Top Bottom