which exhaust?

_pi_

bike: twin spark '03 reg 1150 GS
problem: sounds like a wet fart

solution?

please help.

what bits do i need to change? what is a Y-piece? how much will it cost? will the bike run fine after? what about the warranty?

thx in advance.

Y-piece + Remus Revolution. Sounds superb with baffle out (mellow burble). Alloy ones polish-up loverly, but titanium looks better for more of the time.

Do a search on Remus or summat and spend a pleasant couple of days reading the results........!

Just re-read your post!

1. Y-piece is a section of pipe which replaces the catalyst and saves 20-odd kg as well as letting the engine breathe better.
2. Remove the cat-code plug after you have done this and reset the Motronic (search again, I'm afraid) and the engine should run fine.
3. To fine-tune the newly-acquired breathing ability, fit a Techlusion R259 chip (another search!)

littleredrooster said:
1. Y-piece is a section of pipe which replaces the catalyst and saves 20-odd kg as well as letting the engine breathe better.

20-odd kg :eek: The cat only weighs 5.5kg - probably feels like 20kg if you drop it on your foot....

Mike:D

thx - one more question - does the y-piece have to match the exhaust? also - can someone post a pic of a y-piece pls?

thx in advance.

Wreford Miles said:
Get down to Bracken... look at one over the counter. Then buy it and fit with the standard can.

too bad they closed on sunday :D

I am very happy w/ my new Laser Duo-Tech. Comes w/ quite baffle installed that apparently meets your legal requirements. Can install sport baffle to a more agressive sound. I am running a Y pipe w/ sport baffle and love the sound. Not obnoxious, but sounds more like a motorcycle and has a nice deep sound. I have tried Two Bros and Ztechnik and both were too loud for me. This one is great!

loud?

temoore said:
I am very happy w/ my new Laser Duo-Tech. Comes w/ quite baffle installed that apparently meets your legal requirements. Can install sport baffle to a more agressive sound. I am running a Y pipe w/ sport baffle and love the sound. Not obnoxious, but sounds more like a motorcycle and has a nice deep sound. I have tried Two Bros and Ztechnik and both were too loud for me. This one is great!
Never Ever Ever heard a bike too loud , sure you dont mean WOMEN now some are LOUD and surly do not meet any legal requirements. so they should be BAFFLED (mm i think they are) ,, Dog

Back
Top Bottom