Whos bought a 901...

spen

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2022 901 . Could someone give me an honest opinion if they've been riding one please . Reliability. Build quality etc

Much appreciated 🙏

Purchased a Norden 901 earlier this year. Did 10.5k on the bike and it was excellent.

I did the Alps a couple of times, Scotland and wales and it was great on the passes and small roads.

The only issue I had in all those miles was the loosening of the head bearing at around 6k. It started to clunk and wander around on the road, initially thought it was the tyres but no the bearing were loose but you could not detect this using the normal diagnosis method.

Otherwise very good bike, excellent on fuel.

Handling was very good, think the 890 Adventure maybe has the edge from a stability point of view. It’s just that little bit smaller but you get less protection.

The 901 is quite slab sided and catches the wind a little on the motorways whilst touring.

I have a few parts that you maybe interested in should you choose to purchase one…Sat nav mount, bumot pannier rails and an oem tank bag.

Very good bike and something unusual appearance wise. Also some cracking deals on new ones at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had one until very recently as mentioned elsewhere on here. Very good bike all round,..comfy, quick, light handling making it far easier to change line than my previous AT and as mentioned.. very frugal.
I liked the looks and didn’t see another whilst out and about. It’s a bit fat in the middle, you’re aware of the seat and flanks when standing off road etc so needs wider foot pegs if off road is planned.
Overall, found it difficult to criticize. It does get hot under the seat but 38 degrees in Spain was bearable. The exhaust note is missing and the engine, while very well fuelled and quick, is noisy at tick over.
Overall, I’m casually looking for its replacement l and nothing yet has me thinking it would be an improvement over the Norden. May get another

So for balance, I had a 901 Expedition for about 4 months and hated it.

The bike does look fantastic and draws admiring comments and glances, but in my experience didn’t live up to the hype.

I rode three days of mixed TET roads in the south east, and a few longer A and B road runs with some motorway thrown in.

Off road it was quite capable, but gearing was all wrong, needed a much lower first gear to maintain control going down steep gravel and mud tracks.

‘A’ and ‘B’ roads it handled well although the front did have quite a tendency to dive on breaking - it seemed much worse than the 1190R I had.

Get ready to work the gearbox - you’ll be changing gear very frequently to keep it in the sweet spot because there isn’t as much useable torque as I was expecting - and that was the biggest disappointment. If you’re used to riding a 2 stroke you’ll love this bike.

And it just didn’t work on longer motorway runs for me at all - very high rev buzz, rubbish screen and vibration blur on the mirrors.

To me there was no significant weight advantage over say an 1190R, which is a very capable off road bike, and pretty good in the road too.

Build quality is ok, materials quality is adequate. Every bolt is glued in with dollops of loctite, threads are coarse and cheaply made. (I’ve built a few bikes now and have something to compare with).

In the end I swapped it for a K1300GT and a 640 Adventure to get the best of both worlds.

But hey, that’s just my view, others love them, and my Husky experience wouldn’t stop me from buying a 701.

7d45eb1f94d005aa99befc364f5f6eff.jpg

e7a878fe815413c8fe7bd5383559783c.jpg

24a2a1fd5ebf8cf1b7adc9354e0f0082.jpg

06c6c615409fe6ba99a9bf9c82a7bbc2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom