Will 08 GSA screen fit 07 GS

Stevo

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new larger screen and quite fancy the 08 GSA tinted version.

Has anyone actually done this conversion yet and can anyone tell me the following.

1. Will it fit
2. What parts will i need to order
3. is it a big job to change to this screen
4. whats the cost of the screen and fitting parts

Cheers:beerjug:

Stevo

I'm in the market for a new larger screen and quite fancy the 08 GSA tinted version.

Has anyone actually done this conversion yet and can anyone tell me the following.

1. Will it fit
2. What parts will i need to order
3. is it a big job to change to this screen
4. whats the cost of the screen and fitting parts

Cheers:beerjug:

Stevo

It will fit, the screens have not changed on the 08 bikes just the screen mounts but the positioning is the same.

P2160486.jpg

In answer to your questions.

1. Yes
  2. You need the screen bracket, the bolts and spacers for the GSA a competent dealer will be able to order them for you.
  3. No, about 15 minutes does it.
  4. Not sure exactly but about £300

With a bit of haggling I got mine for £214 from SLM....also tinted for the '08 bike. Tinted is slightly cheaper than the clear. The part numbers for the 07 & 08's are the same. :)

Tinted screens

A strange idea really because you don't actually look through the screen! I remember that the R100RS screen could be black -and it looked good. Has anybody sprayed their screen black or opaque? I know that if you spray on the back you will have a fantastic finish from the front.

Personally, as I'd like to upgrade to GSA screen anyway, thought I'd investigate the tinted version - my GS is black and the tinted screen should work quite well - Thunders picture's in his '08 Bling thread look impressive.:thumb2

A strange idea really because you don't actually look through the screen!

Even more reason not to have clear then I suppose:nenau

Stevo

Back
Top Bottom