Will R100GS Touratech panniers fit an R1100GS??

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, I've got these panniers from my old Airhead. They fitted the airhead frames fine. If I get a set of frames for my 1100, will they fit - or will there be a world of re-drilling nightmare and hurt?

Anyone know?? :nenau

Yes, been playing with the same myself. You will need to remove the top mounts, turn them a quater and refit. This allows the small cut out section of the mount to line up correctly with the holding bar. A small welding job will be required in the off side lower footrest bracket. Near side fits fine.

Bit difficult to explain but I will try and take some photos in the morning.

Yes, been playing with the same myself. You will need to remove the top mounts, turn them a quater and refit. This allows the small cut out section of the mount to line up correctly with the holding bar. A small welding job will be required in the off side lower footrest bracket. Near side fits fine.

Cheers Noddy. :thumb

I think that answers the question though... The need for a 'small' welding job means they'll be on the FS&W as soon as I've got time to take photos! :eek:

Sorry Noddy - I'm being thick (just for a change :D) - did you mean the frames need welding or the boxes?? 'Cos I'm trying to get a set of frames for an 1100 and stick my R100GS boxes on them.

Now here's a thing...

The pucks on the back of my airhead boxes are designed to fit 15mm rails - the sort that come as standard with an airhead. The frames that Touratech do for the 1100 are 18mm tube diameter. So they won't fit.

But it looks like TT do replacement pucks and you can choose 15mm or 18mm - going to call them later today and see if I can get a set of 18mm ones to retrofit.

TT

Now here's a thing...

The pucks on the back of my airhead boxes are designed to fit 15mm rails - the sort that come as standard with an airhead. The frames that Touratech do for the 1100 are 18mm tube diameter. So they won't fit.

But it looks like TT do replacement pucks and you can choose 15mm or 18mm - going to call them later today and see if I can get a set of 18mm ones to retrofit.

Easiest way is to fabricate spacers to use between the panniers and pucks. And longer bolts (M6?) and new nylock nuts. I made my own spacers out of plastic sheet. :augie

Back
Top Bottom