Wollaston of Northampton

Titusr

Just bought my new bike last Saturday (16th Nov) so maybe a good time to say how it was handled.
Well firstly I must congratulate Mathew on his patience as I have been threatening to buy for some two years. In that time I have had a few demo rides and never any undue pressure.
Under the circumstances of the recent tradegy (it was Marcus that tied the deal up on their open day), I was almost reluctant to go back to Mathew until he was ready to continue the deal.
But continue it did and both myself and wife were shown excellent courtesy and Mathew made a good effort at convincing my wife that an exhaust upgrade was a safety feature :)
He also gave me a good run through of all the features on the bike.
When I come to book in for the 600 mile service a courtesy bike will be available and I'll report on this when it happens.
Overall, first class to date and I now feel like one of the family.

And they have an excellent, if a little pricey, cafe.

I agree.

I bought my GS from Wollaston a year and a half ago; also dealt with Matthew who was very friendly and professional.

I've had a few services (up to 24,000 mile one), all bar one at Wollaston and again great service, dealing with Steve in that Department. He's very friendly, keeps you informed and the bikes always come back great. They also did a fair amount of warranty work for me, no quibbles and again great workmanship. I have had to book well in advance sometimes (3-4 weeks) to get in. You always get a courtesy bike (although the excess on their insurance is a nerve wracking £1000!) - they've leant me allsorts from F650, R1200C and a Scarver - not always what you would want but there's been a few pleasant surprises - the Scarver with aftermarket sports can was brilliant!!

The one time I went elsewhere I regretted it (Clarke's of Birmingham) - what a contrast! I'll post that experience in a Clarke's of Birmingham thread because I don't want to lower the tone of this one!!!

sorry to be a party pooper, but i went to wollaston around 18 moths ago prior to my move to scotland. at the time i had a ten year old Africa Twin in good nick, which i intended to p/x. i was looking for £1000 as a trade-in. while i admit the greeting was friendly enough, it was the response when i returned from the test ride that really hacked me off. i was told that my bike was "rotted out", and the comment was made, "you've used this off-road haven't you?". bloody right i had; what else do you buy one for? i should point out that the 'rotted out' Twin did me for another 5000 miles. sailed through its' MOT and was sold to a very satisfied friend for £800. it only finally died when it was stolen, which shows that at least one person found it desirable!! when i pointed out that the previously owned BM had a cylinder head guard missing, there was no sensible answer forthcoming and things got quite nasty and i was offered the princely sum of £400 as a trade-in. suffice it to say i was not impressed. i'm sure if you're buying new they're as helpful as anyone else

There's a lesson to be learned here:

Don't expect any favours when trying to p/x a 10 yr old japanese hack bike for a motorcycle with a six month long waiting list.

It reminds me of when I tried to p/x my Yamaha FS1E for a Harley..I just got laughed out of the shop.

Back
Top Bottom