Wunderlich seat, advice needed

bosnjo

Reaction score
My bottom is getting older and I start having some pain after 1 hour in saddle. 2021 GS (non-adventure), standard seat hight.
I was thinking about "Wunderlich »AKTIVKOMFORT« rider seat" (standard hight).
Has anyone here on the forum got one and can give me some honest review about it before I spend a lot for it?
Thanks and Merry Christmas.

I got one and returned it. I loved the look of it but it put me further back from the tank than I'm used to and threw off my riding position completely.

Try a cool seat cover. The mesh helps to spreads weight out and reduce hot points of pressure.

Yes, I have a pair on my 21 GSA

I ordered both the high and standard versions (+pillion seat). Despite being a fairly average 5'10" I decided to keep the high version for the better knee angle.

The seat has transformed the bike. I used to be in discomfort within an hour. Now it's several hours of comfort. The Mrs much prefers the pillion seat too.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Yes, I have a pair on my 21 GSA

I ordered both the high and standard versions (+pillion seat). Despite being a fairly average 5'10" I decided to keep the high version for the better knee angle.

The seat has transformed the bike. I used to be in discomfort within an hour. Now it's several hours of comfort. The Mrs much prefers the pillion seat too.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I will place the order.

You won’t be disappointed

Here’s mine standard height seat on the low setting normally use the high as the standard one is lower tha a GSA seat

Attachments

• B10E4EDD-0578-4CAD-9D43-FA8AC8547870.jpg
    B10E4EDD-0578-4CAD-9D43-FA8AC8547870.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 334
Brilliant kit, I have used most "aftermarket" seats and sold them after a few miles, the Wunderlich just suits me I guess.\

The seat has arrived yesterday.
Did my first 1 hour ride today. It is clearly not enough time to say if Wunderlich solved my pain on long rides but I have to say it showed much better support then OEM and I feel that my weight is now spread over much larger area. The seat is much harder then OEM so I don't feel that I'm sinking into it.

One important note:
When I had OEM seat installed, I had to put it on high at the front and on low at the rear to stop it pushing me towards the tank. When swapped to Wunderlich, I left the same settings on, and it caused the problem with the lock. The key would turn left easily to unlock rider's seat, just as it should, but it had huge resistance turning right to unlock pillion seat. I thought something was wrong with new seat and I knew it can't stay that way because I was going to break something trying to unlock the pillion seat. However, I went for a ride and new seat was now pushing me away from the tank. So, I stopped, carefully unlocked both seats (I was really afraid the key would break) and adjusted it leveled on low, both front and rear. Now it was right, I was perfectly leveled and whichever position in the seat I wanted to take, it wasn't pushing me forwards or backwards. When I arrived home, I tried the key in the lock again and it was working perfectly smooth.
So, the conclusion is, Wunderlich seat can't be installed with rear low and front high as it would jam the latch on the lock.

So, even if the pain comes back, I feel much better with this seat. For me it was money well spent.

The seat has arrived yesterday.
Did my first 1 hour ride today. It is clearly not enough time to say if Wunderlich solved my pain on long rides but I have to say it showed much better support then OEM and I feel that my weight is now spread over much larger area. The seat is much harder then OEM so I don't feel that I'm sinking into it.

One important note:
When I had OEM seat installed, I had to put it on high at the front and on low at the rear to stop it pushing me towards the tank. When swapped to Wunderlich, I left the same settings on, and it caused the problem with the lock. The key would turn left easily to unlock rider's seat, just as it should, but it had huge resistance turning right to unlock pillion seat. I thought something was wrong with new seat and I knew it can't stay that way because I was going to break something trying to unlock the pillion seat. However, I went for a ride and new seat was now pushing me away from the tank. So, I stopped, carefully unlocked both seats (I was really afraid the key would break) and adjusted it leveled on low, both front and rear. Now it was right, I was perfectly leveled and whichever position in the seat I wanted to take, it wasn't pushing me forwards or backwards. When I arrived home, I tried the key in the lock again and it was working perfectly smooth.
So, the conclusion is, Wunderlich seat can't be installed with rear low and front high as it would jam the latch on the lock.

So, even if the pain comes back, I feel much better with this seat. For me it was money well spent.
Hi are you still happy with the seat as I'm about to fork out for one? I can't handle the pushed-forward feeling of the standard seat anymore?

I've had a Wunderlich Low seat fitted to my R1250GS for the past 5k miles (I have it also fitted with a Cool Cover) and have to say, having done some long days in the saddle, toured down to the Alps and ridden the Wild Atlantic Way that its one of the most comfortable seats I've ever had, giving great support to my back as well (I have significant back issues), so from me its a thumbs up.

Hi are you still happy with the seat as I'm about to fork out for one? I can't handle the pushed-forward feeling of the standard seat anymore?
Yes, it's a keeper. There is no miracle to achieve in comfort department but it's waaaaaay better then stock seat. I can now ride longer before starting to feel any pain. I'd say twice longer then with stock.
As per being pushed against the tank, I had that problem with stock seat so had to adjust it front high - rear low. Tried that on first install of Wunderlich seat and I couldn't unlock the seat with the key anymore. Took me quite a while to unlock and release the seat and understood that Wunderlich doesn't allow you to adjust it unevenly between rear and front. So, I tried even level between front and rear adjuster and it locks and unlocks perfectly. Just then I realised that Wunderlich seat doesn't push you against the tank so no need for uneven adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom