XT not reading SD card but Basecamp does

Snowy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Noob situation alert. I've downloaded OSM Topo maps onto a formatted SD card and the maps can be seen and displayed on Basecamp and the SD card is also 'seen' by Garmin Express and shows the available disk space when the XT is plugged in. However, my XT doesn't see the card at all.
I know it's me and it's something I haven't done (obviously) but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and can advise what to do next?

Noob situation alert. I've downloaded OSM Topo maps onto a formatted SD card and the maps can be seen and displayed on Basecamp and the SD card is also 'seen' by Garmin Express and shows the available disk space when the XT is plugged in. However, my XT doesn't see the card at all.
I know it's me and it's something I haven't done (obviously) but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and can advise what to do next?

Where did you download the map to on the card? Usually it needs to be in a folder /Garmin.

Basecamp doesn’t care where the map is, it will read it from any removable drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response Berin. That may be what I got wrong. I'll give that a go...... (y)

Give it a try and report back.

All sorted now, thank you Berin (y). Creating the 'Garmin' folder in the SD card and adding another bit of the downloaded files have done the trick.

All sorted now, thank you Berin (y). Creating the 'Garmin' folder in the SD card and adding another bit of the downloaded files have done the trick.

The only thing the Garmin device reads is the .img file, but it always has to be in a specific folder - usually Garmin but sometimes Maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom