Zumo 590 - no music

andysdad

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've copied some MP3 files into the MP3 folder on the device, but I can't see them to play them.

The Media Player app only looks for other sources (phone, line in). There is no music visible to "Browse".

Some web links refer to two apps - Media Player and MP3 player. Am I missing an MP3 app?

Not the end of the world, as I can stream from the phone, but any advice gratefully received.

A

Are they in the correct MP3 folder? I have mp3's on my SD card and it reads them ok. My Garmin MP3 folder (default) is empty.

A-ha!

Didn't know it had an SD card slot! Only 1 drive showed up on the PC.

Hidden under the battery - I will experiment tomorrow.

Many thanks,

A

Adventuredon - many thanks for putting me on the right path - sadly still no music!

(EDIT - Beemerboy9 - just seen your post - am investigating!)

You have to create a new Folder called "MP3" on the SD card - I've done that and still no music.

The card is 32GB (max according to Garmin), formatted as FAT32 (not ExFAT); can see all the files and folders when Zumo is connected by lead to PC (MacBook Pro). Can write files to card.

Just cannot find or play music.

Do you use the Media Player function or is there a separate MP3 player (I cannot find one)?

Aaaargh!

Beemerboy9 - had a look at that page (again - I had read it earlier and discounted the stuff about SD Card as I didn't know a 590 had a slot (see above, doh!)).

I think I've already done as they say, but no music.

Apparently Macs always connect as Mass Storage, although Express launches too. Can still see SD Card and Internal storage on 590 in Finder, can write etc.

Getting very frustrated now!

A

is the music from I tunes (if so i believe but maybe wrong ) garmin devices will not play i tune music, someone else may confirm this. Also check that the file extension is .mp3.

Leedude - yes, they are MP3.

I finally managed to get it to work (ish). I think the issue is that I had Media enabled on the Zumo and my phone. It then prefers the phone as as source, and hides the Zumo tracks. When I unticked Media from the phone, the Zumo tracks appeared.

BUT (there's always a but) although an album shows correctly in Finder - track 1, track 2, track 3 etc. when I play that album, tracks appear 2 or 3 times each, so it plays track 1, track 1, track 1, track 2, track 2, track 2 etc.!

The second BUT is that it sometimes only plays one track at a time.

Getting this far took far too long.

Thank you to everyone who commented so far,

A

Leedude - yes, they are MP3.

I finally managed to get it to work (ish). I think the issue is that I had Media enabled on the Zumo and my phone. It then prefers the phone as as source, and hides the Zumo tracks. When I unticked Media from the phone, the Zumo tracks appeared.

BUT (there's always a but) although an album shows correctly in Finder - track 1, track 2, track 3 etc. when I play that album, tracks appear 2 or 3 times each, so it plays track 1, track 1, track 1, track 2, track 2, track 2 etc.!

The second BUT is that it sometimes only plays one track at a time.

Getting this far took far too long.

Thank you to everyone who commented so far,

A

I use the media player. I also make sure my source (under settings) is set to mp3 (not phone) as you have discovered. Try deleting all files and transferring just 1 song? See if that cures it?

Back
Top Bottom