Green laning,rupps,boats info

baronlebon

Hi Baron here.
Does anyone have any information on legal green lanes,ie boats,rupps in East midlands/Derbyshire Peaks area.Also any info on good circular routes appreciated.

Rgds Baron:nenau

Hi Baron.
It would be best to join the TRF in your parts.
These people will put you right and once you have paid your yearly subscription of £30, all the ride-outs are free.
You will find the people there will take you where ever you want to ride and if you purchase a map of the area, they will mark the routes for you to use in the future.
http://www.trf.org.uk/
That is the parent site, but some area groups have their own websites, so try a google search.
Hope this helps.:thumb
Timpo.

Hi.
Yes already know about them.Just thought the bike (R1200GS) might be a bit cumbersome for their kind of trail riding,and also don't want to damage bike.Have you rode with them before?If so on what bike?Last question,honest.Do Gsers get out weekends in small group and ride trails or is it left to individuals to organise between themselves,is there info on GS site for known trails cause I can't find it?
muchly thanks.

Baron

Trail rides...

I have rode with the TRF, I joined them in 1992, North Wales section. But I have ridden all over England with them, as you find other area sections get in touch and do weekend exchanges, Yorks, Lakes, Peaks, Brecon, etc are all favourites of mine. A lot of the routes I used then are closed now, but the memories of terrible bogs and ditches has scarred me for life.
Have a look in the 'off road events' and 'event/ride out aftermaths' sections.
There are arranged trail rides posted on here and some of the hardier use the full size GSs.
Some pictures are available for viewing.
Although I have a 12GSA, I use a Suzuki DRZ400 and a Honda XR600 for my green laning trips.
I will be organising more trail rides soon, keep watching for details.
Timpo.

Hi Baron,
My GSADV arrives this Friday and i'am dead keen to take it on as many GS friendly trails as i can find - so if you want to team up let me know.

Hi Baron here.
Sure Dave Im only 10 mins from Ilkeston.Is it a new adventure?I've had my GS1200 3 weeks now put 600 miles on it just tabbin' about, lovely machine!Need to get some engine guards/protectors if going seriously off road thou'.Best wait till the weather dries up a bit don't y' think?

Hi Cookson.
Did u download them or go out and find them for yourself.It would be good if there was a down load section on this site to get off road maps etc.Or is there?

Rgds.
Baron

You have no hope of downloading routes since TRO's and implications to do with the NERC bill etc leaves people feeling vulnerable.
As stated before,join the TRF or a forum such as www.larf-online.com and ride on suitable rideouts.I,for one,ride in the peaks on my 950adv as well as on the 450exc since i know quite a few routes/byways to use and i am a member of the LARF forum which although is mainly for greenlaning,they also cater for larger bikes and enduro/LDT events etc.

Hi Cookson.
Did u download them or go out and find them for yourself.It would be good if there was a down load section on this site to get off road maps etc.Or is there?

Rgds.
Baron

Mainly found them for myself but also thru the TRF & riding with mates, using their maps to copy from.

Your welcome to come & copy from them if you wish. I can give you the map numbers.

:thumb2

Hi Baron here.
Does anyone have any information on legal green lanes,ie boats,rupps in East midlands/Derbyshire Peaks area.Also any info on good circular routes appreciated.

Rgds Baron:nenau

I dont live a million miles away from you "Gedling" and I dont mind you copying my maps or I could even show you a few lanes when it gets a bit warmer :rolleyes: if you want some easy routes Nottingham has quite a few. You can contact me through www.itchywheels.co.uk

P.S. At this time of year I take the XR400

Im also looking to try some easy routes...
but I am a complete novice when it comes to off road riding :eek:

green laning etc.

Hi,
I am the group contact for Lincolnshire TRF. plenty of us have GS's and do easy trails, get in touch and i'll take you out.
Paul 01522 889079

Paul,It is probably the wrong time of year,what with mud,but do you have anything suitable for a complete beginner on a (shhh) Transalp.

Hi,
I am the group contact for Lincolnshire TRF. plenty of us have GS's and do easy trails, get in touch and i'll take you out.
Paul 01522 889079

Thanks Paul... will take you up on that mate! I'll give you a bell in the new year.

Cheers
Carl

Hi,
Paul 01522 889079

Hi Paul,

I've just moved to the area (Witham St Hughs) - I have to work during the week down by Cambridge but would be up for some weekend riding. Most types of off road riding will do me (got a WR250F as well as my 12GSA). I take it anual TRF membership is required to join ride outs though.

Derek.

green laning etc.

Hi Derek,
why not pop along too one of our meets. 4th Thursday every month, next one 24th Jan. Phone me on 01522 889079
cheers Paul.

Back
Top Bottom