Can v6 and v8 maps load into Quest at the same time?

Tomcat

Reaction score
Do you know if the Quest 1 can hold map tiles from v6 and v8 at the same time? I'd like to use the small tiles from v6 for a route down to the Pyrenees, then have v8 for everything else. I can't quite fit in all of the map tiles that I'd like using v8.

I've got a feeling that the answer is no, but can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Yes, I imagine you can..
I have World Map, CitySelect v7, topo maps (well kind of), maps of one of the Irish canal systems all on my Quest simultaneously.

You would need to have both sets of maps installed on the same PC (takes up a lot of space), and then just select the maps you want, use the pull-down menu to swap to the other map product and select the additional tiles.. Not sure what happens when the tiles over-lap though..

I inadvertently had a couple of v6 tiles mixed in with v7 at one stage and was unable to show or navigate any routes until Garmin Customer Support sussed the problem by remotely running my PC - no problem with non routeable map tiles though

The alternative is to run MetroGuide Europe v8 mapping (can be had off eBay for £25 - £60), make it routeable using MetroWizz. You'll then have current mapping (well MGE v9 has just been announced but isn't available yet) and small tile sizes.

The only down side is at round-abouts the audio instructions, for example, don't say "take 3rd exit" but "turn right". A quick glance at the screen shows the roundabout, route and exit though.

Metroguide doesn't need an unlock code and MetroWizz is free. I'm not suggesting for a minute that you do so, as it would be illegal, but MGE can be downloaded via bittorrent.

I feel justified in using the MetroWizz hack on my eBay version of MGE as Garmin dealt Quest users a blow by using the bigger map tiles in City Nav.

Back
Top Bottom