Problem with Mapsource Unlock Wizard

Deleted account 231211001

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the damn thing to work on my laptop, and all I get is "there is a problem with Mapsource Unlock Wizard. Install it again"
Am using V8.

After 5 attempts at uninstalling everything, cleaning the registries and re-installing, I still get the same error message. This now stops me from running the MapSource software at all.

Anyone else had this before I moan at Garmin?

Cheers

I'm having the very same problem, did the same (cleaned and installed again), but it doesn't look like it'll work...Not an idea of what to do! Have you emailed Garmin? I think I'll try this path, but am prepared to seat and wait.....and wait....and....

If anyone else is having the same problem please, post it.

BTW, the thing was working perfectly 2 weeks ago.

cheers

Fernando

Just a shot in the dark, as the GPS Genius is away, but do you need to update Mapsource first?

:nenau

Just a shot in the dark, as the GPS Genius is away, but do you need to update Mapsource first?

I'm having similar problems, I went through all the stages OK, but then I get a message "There is a problem with the MapSource registry, Please re-install MapSource and start it again"
Tried a full 'repair' and I get as far as a page which says enter your code in the following Unlock Wizard, but the system stops at that point. ????????

Tried that, but it didn't work either. I'm entitled to CN9 NT but Garmin won't post it to Brasil (and I'm not going back to the UK anytime soon).

Not an idea of what to do next...:eek:

Thanks

Fernando

Back
Top Bottom