Digitized Morocco map for Memory Map

Firebird

Reaction score
Have just finished scanning the Michelin map of Morocco and then using a graphics package to join the scans into larger tiles.

Then looked at road junctions on the map and on Google Earth and used the co-ordinates to calibrate the tiles within the Memory Map software.

Have managed to download them to my PDA ready for my trip to Morocco later this month. :thumb

Let's hope they're correctly aligned or Selmeston and I might be going in circles in the Erg Chebbi. :D

Have just finished scanning the Michelin map of Morocco and then using a graphics package to join the scans into larger tiles.

Then looked at road junctions on the map and on Google Earth and used the co-ordinates to calibrate the tiles within the Memory Map software.

Have managed to download them to my PDA ready for my trip to Morocco later this month. :thumb

Let's hope they're correctly aligned or Selmeston and I might be going in circles in the Erg Chebbi. :D

Was digitising the map expensive? Will you be doing it again in April when the new map comes out!

Morocco Map

New map version is out now, recieved a few copies earlier this week!

Rick.

Was digitising the map expensive? Will you be doing it again in April when the new map comes out!

Didn't cost anything to digitize other than my time as I used a scanner in the office. Would have been great if it was an A3 or bigger scanner as it would have saved putting the scans back together and the error that creeps in.

Would have also been more up to date if I'd had the current map. :(

I'm sure it will still prove a worthwhile asset if you're trying to decide if you've missed a turn or not.

Have just spoken to Mapsworldwide who confirm that the revised Michelin 742 National map will not be with them until May this year

Is this shot from their website causing the confusion?

Michelin 742

Tim,

Got the map from www.maps-warehouse.co.uk.

ISBN number is "ISBN 2061000428" for info, a search cam be done on this as well.

Not had chance to check-out in detail, but notice that some of the more very remote pistes are not shown on the new edition, (prob. as they don't actually exist!).

Will have a good look with Timolgra tonight to see if we can spot any differences. I assume that as more of the pistes are being tarmac'd then this will be the major difference shown on the new edition.

Cheers, Rick.

Have just spoken to Mapsworldwide who confirm that the revised Michelin 742 National map will not be with them until May this year

Is this shot from their website causing the confusion?

Maybe they are awaiting a new delivery :nenau but defo got my Michelin 742 (latest edition 2006) from them just over a month ago.

Andres

Sorry to bang on about this but I too wish to digitise the map - so am trying to ensure that I do it to the latest (or new) edition

Back
Top Bottom