Autocom Super Pro AVi - Power Lead

Python

Hi All,

Have looked through the threads but cannot see that anyone has commented on any difficulties with the Power Lead being fitted on a R12 GSA. Its the Canbus system I am concerned with. Can anyone advise on the best way to set the system up to a live fused wire without causing damage!

Thanks

J:thumb2

There are a couple of threads about splicing the red power lead into the back of the power socket.:eek:

Personally I ain't going to attempt it so have used a bmw accessory plug for the time being till the bike is next at the dealers and then they can hard wire it for me :thumb

Piece of cake. Use the crimp and connect directly to the batery -Ve terminal. Take the plug out the back of the BMW socket and use a meter to determine the +Ve wire. Cut that cable and splice together wirh a 3rd wire to feed accessories. The Autocom does not come with a in-line fuse so I got a 1 Amp fuse witch now feeds my Zumo 550 and the Autcom.

Regards
T

PS The Canbus is fine

Hi All,

Have looked through the threads but cannot see that anyone has commented on any difficulties with the Power Lead being fitted on a R12 GSA. Its the Canbus system I am concerned with. Can anyone advise on the best way to set the system up to a live fused wire without causing damage!

Thanks

J:thumb2

Nice and simple, the live feed is taken from the back of the auxiliary power socket via the green and red wire. This joint will need to be soldered for a good solid connection. The earth is then fed direct to the bikes battery via an eyelet connector.

Rich @ Autocom

Cheers all for the advise - just wanted to make sure it was going to be simple - have the total cost including fitting and just wanted to see if the cost of fitting was worth it - seems not as I am fairly ok with the rest of the fitting and this wiring seems simple enough.

J

Back
Top Bottom