KLX300 is 6000k on the clock too much?

rocks

Reaction score
Hi Guys and hopefully the enlightened out there who know a bit more about KLX300's than I do.

I have seen a V reg, 2000 model with 6000miles on the clock and asking £1500 for it. From my meager research the 300 seems a good starting point for a green laner and a spare occasional road trip bike.

BUT not knowing kawasaki's as all or much about trail bikes. Is 6000k a problem? Seems lowish to me. Bike looks good but plastics etc are easily replaced.

Are there any critical items I should check?..

Kick starting can be a real pain when hot and they had a few problems with the decompresor system on some of them. The front brake line runs under the fork leg and this was a mod/quick change for the enduro boys. The line could hang up in ruts and rip off the bike. Easy to fix with a longer flexible/braided hose but a bastard to fix if it happens in the middle of nowhere. Route it down to the caliper rather than under the fork leg and up to the caliper as is/was standard.

Andy

Got a 250 Klx which has done 18,000 miles. I've only had it since Oct and have done approx 2500 mainly to and off road miles. So far so good and I've only had to put new wheel bearings apart from the usual chains and tyres.
Mine is a Jap import with the electric start, which has been useful when I stalled it on a steep bank, so I can't comment on kick starting a warm/hot bike.
If the bike is tidy then the price is not too bad.
Good luck

My 2003 A7 KLX300R cost £1700 with 1700 miles
i've seen a couple on ebay go for around this price :)

Hi Guys.........................BUT not knowing kawasaki's as all or much about trail bikes. Is 6000k a problem? ..................Are there any critical items I should check?..

6 million miles is a bit on the high side. I would check the roads he's used it on as they probably need resurfacing by now;)

Smat ass

Off to look at the DRZ400s today i hope.. not going to bother with this particular klx..

Back
Top Bottom