Around the world for Myeloma UK

rup5555555

Reaction score
Fellow GSers

Last year I rode the Artic Circle for a children’s hospice, this year am riding right around the world for MyelomaUK. I had been planning a motorcycle adventure along the Silk Road but after my mother’s sad death from Multiple Myeloma last year I decided to expand the trip a ride the whole globe for the UK’s Myeloma charity www.myeloma.org.uk

I aim to raise a total of £10,000, ALL the money will go directly to Myeloma research. You can sponsor me online at www.justgiving.com/rupertsworld

The charity has been very supportive and during the trip we will be maintaining an online blog – I haven’t got the foggiest idea what I will be writing but the blog can we found here www.621.org.uk – should be interesting…

The route itself involves a quick diversion down to Morocco (about 2 hours behind Steptoe) then back up though Europe to Istanbul. From there I track along the northern spur of the Silk Road to China via Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. The final leg will take me to the United States and Canada riding as many mountains and wilderness roads as possible. It is planned to take 6 months and over 20,000 miles in total.

So please sponsor me – however small (or large) – it is for a very good cause

Cheers

Rupert x
:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom