going to russia via latvian border

depends how lucky you are cross mid week is better than leading into weekend or on monday cos there was stacks of lorries. when we went when are you going cos we're going mid june til end july subject to visa's etc.

good point that makes me sound even more mental, do ride to the front and find the shortest cue but you'll still get pulled over and made to wait and do some wierd cueing for various things.

I would recommend even if you don't smoke to have a packet of snouts hanging about seems to break the ice, and helps if you have to leave the bike for any lenght of time also everyone knows david beckham and *uckoff both can be used to start and stop conversations.

russia

I went by estonia to Russia last year on a saturday. There was no problems at all.
Custom was just great. The only problem was when leaving russia to Latvia.
On their border there was some delay and questenings.
What in h.. have you done in russia. You must be mad traveling there...
and so on.

We was pleased with Russia, and we didn`t have trouble with none. Even the police didn`t bother us.
And because of the pleasent experience we are going back.

We are 4 bikers traveling to russia this summer also, entering russia 22.06.07.
We are going from Pskov to Smolensk and towards Volga. There we are entering Ukrina and going to Moldovia, Romania, bulgaria, slovakia and Poland.

We are driving one 73 mod. Yamaha TX 750 and 73 mod. Norton 850, one Transalp and one 1200 GS.

We have no limits in time and traveldistanse, so we hope this will be an nice trip.

Next year, Siberia is on the list. We want to try the new siberian road.

I will post some pictures when I come back.

Back
Top Bottom