Cracking Weekend, Grommit

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

Despite the glorious weather, I didn't risk taking my bike out as I still have a dodgy gear lever (only for few more days though).

Me and Mrs Ronno headed for the hills. The Lomond Hills to be precise. About 8 miles from my door and foolishly ignored by me when normally planning a day's walk . My day out out got me pining for more adventurous walks and I'm now determined to bag a few Munros this year. It's been about 3 years since I last did any...

Here's a couple of pics I took with my new camera.

East Lomond isn't that high but it is steep.

140177553-L.jpg

The view from the summit down into Falkland village.

140177565-L.jpg

The route between both Lomonds would be ideal for GSing. Apart from the blocked entrances. Pity...

140177656-L.jpg

140177640-L.jpg

140177615-L-1.jpg

We also met these two rather attractive young ladies on our walk. They were impecibly mannered and my missus rather took a shine to them.

140138298-L-1.jpg

I was going to call the thread Ronno's Fatness Challenge but I'll leave that to Oonyack or G.C. :D

My day out out got me pining for more adventurous walks and I'm now determined to bag a few Munros this year. Here's a couple of pics I took with my new camera.
Sir might want to tag along with the Laird O' Stanley as he guides hordes of Sassenachs on this.....

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=76639
We also met these two rather attractive young ladies on our walk. They were impecibly mannered and my missus rather took a shine to them.

That's good news....:)

That dug looks to have oodles of character, that’ll be why it went to Mrs Ronno and not you, it knows class when it sees it. :D :thumb

it knows class when it sees it. :D :thumb

That's why you're highly unlikely to see this dog dining at the Ben Nevis Inn :augie :D

You're spot on about the characters. Tremendous fun they seemed to be :thumb2

Sir might want to tag along with the Laird O' Stanley as he guides hordes of Sassenachs on this

I do hope this isn't being led on a Honda CX Turbo....I appear to be missing one from my stable at the moment...:augie

(Good to see that Dave is on the mend none the less)

Nice pics Ronno, what camera did you buy

Cheers Floyd. It's a Nikon D40 and was a Birthday prezzie.

I'm just kind of fumbling my way about with her just now but really like the camera. :thumb2

Nice Pics Ronno that Nikon D40's have a good kit lens straight out of the box. Took the mrs out today had a few walks round Fort George and headed to Dulsie bridge and Drynechan and even managed to get home and get the bike out and went for a spin up to the car park at Cairngorm it was a good day.

Nice pics Ronno, you remind me of my youth (some time ago). The house where I spent my childhood is the last one on the left hand side of the pic of Falkland. It's nice country.

I must try and meet some of the Scottish Tossers sometime, provided you don't mind my bike not being a GS (its an 1100R)?

M :thumb

Nice photo's Ronno weekend weather all over has been Brill,.
the Donegal crowd must have had a ball unfortunately had to work the weekend so no biking for me either.

:beer:

Schultz

Nice pics Ronno, you remind me of my youth (some time ago). The house where I spent my childhood is the last one on the left hand side of the pic of Falkland. It's nice country.

I must try and meet some of the Scottish Tossers sometime, provided you don't mind my bike not being a GS (its an 1100R)?

M :thumb

Hi Macfie. You'd be made more than welcome.

Falkand has to be one of the nicest villages in Scotland. :thumb2

Ronno said -

The route between both Lomonds would be ideal for GSing. Apart from the blocked entrances. Pity...

Have travelled that route many times in the past on solos and sidecars. Is a pain that it's shut now but there are generally too many pedestrians.
One just needs to be walking and meet a cyclist or two to realise how much mechanically mounted individuals can spoil your enjoyment of the quiet countryside :rob , sorry :eek:

Back
Top Bottom