A grand day out.

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Met up with Rollinsdan and Kopcat this morning in Belfast along with numerous other Tossers for a wee spin out around east Down and the Mournes.

It was good to see the Celt, albeit briefly before he headed back down to Dublin. :)

In all we had ten bikes out on the run and it was good to meet Eclectic too. Thanks for the tea Liam. :thumb2

Padge and I split from the group at the Spelga Dam as he had to ride home to Dublin and the others are probably eating Wayne out of house and home as I type this. :rolleyes:

Thanks all for a grand day out. :thumb2 I hope Dan and Cate enjoyed the run.

I didn't bring my camera :eek: but hopefully some of the others will post some pics later.

Met up with Rollinsdan and Kopcat this morning in Belfast along with numerous other Tossers for a wee spin out around east Down and the Mournes.

It was good to see the Celt, albeit briefly before he headed back down to Dublin. :)

In all we had ten bikes out on the run and it was good to meet Eclectic too. Thanks for the tea Liam. :thumb2

Padge and I split from the group at the Spelga Dam as he had to ride home to Dublin and the others are probably eating Wayne out of house and home as I type this. :rolleyes:

Thanks all for a grand day out. :thumb2 I hope Dan and Cate enjoyed the run.

I didn't bring my camera :eek: but hopefully some of the others will post some pics later.

Aidan - we just managed to get rid of them boys. They nearly eat us out of house and home as you said. That Gary One said he was pacing himself but he nearly eat the legs off the table!! Only Joking - we had a great run out and a brilliant night tonight having a good chat about all things biking. It was great to meet Cate and Dan - hopefully Dan is going out with us again tomorrow to Kesh and around Lough Erne. We've also planned to take him out on Thursday along the coast round towards Donegal and hopefully meet up with Gary. Then down ot yours on Thursday night if he is not too exhausted. Cate was a star today - she gave the boys a run for their money. The only problem now is Mrs Wayne wants a bike like Cate's!!

Grand day out sums it up nicely :D

Thanks to Thunder for leading at a sympathetic pace, to Aidan for organising the drop-off system (nobody got lost) and to all for the craic. Special well-done to Cate :thumb

I DID say we should have avoided Newcastle!

A Grand Day out!

Thanks to everyone for a great day. Sorry I had to head off early and missed the rest of the run and the craic and grub at Wayne's.

Good to put a few faces to names (and a few names to faces!) and looking forward to Thunder's pics especially the one with matching tosser bike and bollard paint scheme!

Glad everyone got back with smiles on faces (especially our visitors Dan and Cate):aidan

Hope to meet up with all u tossers again soon

Liam

Aidan - we just managed to get rid of them boys. They nearly eat us out of house and home as you said. That Gary One said he was pacing himself but he nearly eat the legs off the table!! Only Joking - we had a great run out and a brilliant night tonight having a good chat about all things biking. It was great to meet Cate and Dan - hopefully Dan is going out with us again tomorrow to Kesh and around Lough Erne. We've also planned to take him out on Thursday along the coast round towards Donegal and hopefully meet up with Gary. Then down ot yours on Thursday night if he is not too exhausted. Cate was a star today - she gave the boys a run for their money. The only problem now is Mrs Wayne wants a bike like Cate's!!

if anyone's heading out tomorrow i could be tempted so i'll check the forum first thing in the morning...
my mobile is 0773 900 8387

Well I'm not long home, for some reason I seem to have added ballast after Wayne and Janice's BBQ, this was just the side salads FFS!

DSC00042.jpg

Picked up Rollinsdan and Kopkat at the Europa first thing and headed for Yorkgat along the back streets to give them a flavour of dear old Belfast.

As luck would have it we were stopped by the local constabulary as some of the local Orangfest participants complete with silver flute band made there way from Carlisle Circus into the city complete with flute band, of course this had been arranged in advance by yours truly. :augie

Having met with our fellow Tossers we headed off at a leisurely pace negotiating the traffic along the Ards penninsula and Aidan (Enforcer) 1150 took Padge aside to explain the drop off system. :D

A light lunch and coffee in Ardglass gav us the chance to view the harbour and the colout co-ordinated bollards freshly painted by Down District counsel in honour of Tuned In's visit, it's not often he turns right when he leaves Coleraine.

DSC00041.jpg

After a crawl through Newcastle and a visit to the Spelga Dam we headed via the back roads to Wayne's for a superb feed, I've discovered the benefit of the vegetarian diet. When a spare steak is offered it's easily obtained. :D

DSC00043.jpg

Kopcat and Shenobi discuss the benefits of the Vario topbox for a pillion.

DSC00046.jpg

Rollinsdan and Tuned in discuss the advantages of digital cameras and manual shutter contol.

DSC00045.jpg

Wayne beats the meat in the back garden (pity he kept the glove on after Tuned blocked the facilities yet again :D)

All in all another memorable day and great to put faces to some of the names on here. Thanks to you all for your comany, and paticularly to Wayne and Janice for the after run eats and hospitality.:thumb

think yourself lucky.... i got as far as the turn off for Antrim and it pissed on me the whole way home....
mad0222.gif
mad0222.gif
mad0222.gif

by the time i got the bike parked up it was midnight:(

a long day but worth it:D thanks Wayne for the hospitality

Great run out yesterday... Hope I didn't offend anyone by going off ahead to blow off a few cobwebs..

My Self and Shinobi and Mrs Shinobi went ahead, cut through the nuts traffic in Newcastle pretty quick (much to the anger of an oncoming PSNI biker) and got to Spelga dam where we came across a photo shoot for a Miss North Ireland hopeful..

The photoshoot then proceeded to take over Shinobi's bike...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LS6Da7ZsH9I"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LS6Da7ZsH9I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

After the rest of the group arrived we split up with Aidan and Myself heading Newry and the rest of the gang north..
A quick video following Aidan and passing Kate and Rollinsdan...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LlOL-TrvVNg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LlOL-TrvVNg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Well they said Miss North Ireland, but I'm going to keep an eye out on the top shelf for the next few months for Razzle UKGSER exclusive..

Attachments

• Spelga Dam.jpg
    Spelga Dam.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 207
Grand day out No2

Davidgibson999 and Rollinsdan are joining up with me and Mrs wayne for a trip down to Kesh/lough erne area to see our Son who is on hoilday with his granda then a tour around. Leaving Belfast around 11.00 ish if anyone is interested.07766527942

nice to see she chose the correct bike to be pictured on :D or was it just a ploy to get near Shinobi:kissy2

Padges was just too big to get her leg over so she went for the smaller one!!

A grand day out No2

Rollinsdan and Davidgibson999 joined Janice (my wife) Alex (our daughter) and me for a trip down to Kesh to see our son who is on holiday. Had lunch in Kesh then up to Omagh then to Plumsbridge through the Sperrins over to Draperstown. Had a quick stop in a local pub(!) then parted company with David who headed back to Coleraine and we headed back home via Maghera, Antrim etc. Thanks Dan for taking Alex as pillion - she had a great time. Hope David and Dan enjoyed it as much as we did. Pity we didn't take any pictures but maybe next time. By the way, anyone wanting to go up the Antrim Coast towards Doneal on Thursday is more than welcome. I am heading up with Dan to show him our wonderful coastline so get in touch if you'd like to join us. Hopefully we will meet up with Tuned In, or he can put us up for a coffee.

hey all, sorry been gone trying to sorce a top-box for trip to scotland this fri, sorted thanks Wiz, anyway nice gentle day out, and i see padge has supplied photos of the wanabe glamour model, heres my 2 pence

white.jpg
what did i do? she stopped smiling

Attachments

• smile.jpg
    smile.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 106

Back
Top Bottom