bmf memba rally

smudger

See the bmf has just pulled a fast one camping for the memba rally is over 1 mile away with a shuttle bus, just hope security is better than 2005 or you will be all walking home.

Could be something to do with the fact that the BMF rally is being organised by third-party event organisers this year.

that sucks monkey balls, none too smart
"not doing themselves any favours" (as another member may say)

it's because they keep selling off the ground to build houses on.
If you've been going for a while you will have noticed how much smaller the camp site is.
however we may get the "proper tent" with the poles for everyone to climb up, as this was pulled due to show ground health and safety.
I'll be marshalling the memba rally games, come along with your gs and show them all how to ride around a few cones:thumb :thumb

the security is a problem because it's organised crime, gangs target these type of events and it's very difficult to stop.lock anything of any value in your panniers.

Rob

Half of the appeal of the member rally for me is that you have woken up on the site, watched people coming in and then strolled over to the site before did abit of shopping, have a beer, wander back and forth from the tent. I wouldnt go again if its going to follow this format in the future.

I think they should give everybody the option of a refund. They must have known about the camping been moved months ago. I think they should have had the decency to inform members before they booked. It just shows how out of touch they are with what members want.

Bmf website

I have just been on the BMF website and theres no mention of the memba rally site yet.I have had my tickets ages and havent heard this news officially,I did send an e-mail yesterday to get some clarification.
Its a great shame Ive attended the show and rally for about 25 years and had some brilliant times. I hope the managment can get there act together befor to many members lose faith.Bye the way the bmf site forum has 28 registered users, paints a poor picture dont you think.

bmf

just being on bmf web site and nithing said about any members rally change ,can any one confirm this is right ,i think its bad enough getting in to bmf once .with that silly booking in way ,hoped it was going to much better this year but sounds not ,went to truck fest a long time ago brill orginastin no queeing brill .i wait with baited breath oh and it was a nice weekend:Motomartin

went to truck fest a long time ago brill orginastin no queeing brill .i wait with baited breath oh and it was a nice weekend:Motomartin

The company who organise Truckfest, amongst other events, are the ones who are running the BMF show this year. Whether they are involved with the Memba rally though, I can't say.

update on bmf

hi if u go onto motorcycle news , news its tells u what happing from what i gather u are 6 miles away in the village of elton buses will be laid on (hopefully at no cost) to and frow ,i hope the return ones are the wheel chair freindley type for when we are all lashed up on that cheep larger they sell us , oh and the camp site has being used to dump all the spoil from a recient build on the bmf site ,i carnt see a problem with that we all have gsers ,camp on the hill and get a good view, off the moped meyhem .unless thats in elton as well , b early for a good view

The company who organise Truckfest, amongst other events, are the ones who are running the BMF show this year. Whether they are involved with the Memba rally though, I can't say.

thanks dont no either but hey ho well still have a good un:beerjug:

good news

being on web site for elton and good news two pubs black horse and the crown but even better than that it has a garden center and stateley home we men can get tispey and the grils can get plants ,and the people who live in the home have being there for 350 years ,so they will of seen plenty of partying , hip hip horay :bounce1 :bounce1 :roll :roll :bow :bow :beer: :beer:

elton has 2 pubs

I thought elton was a song writer not a landlord:beer: Still if it gets boring saturday nights all right for fighting.If you have a curry after all that ale dont try and light a candle in the wind:thumb2 Any way who cares whether norma jean liked the white house:blast sorry no more !!!!!

memba campsite confirmed

I had a call this morning to confirm change of memba rally campsite,It is at Elton hall which i am told is approx 4 miles from main site. There will be security on site and transport provided to shuttle members to and from the site all day.I said how are you going to transport 5500 people to the site and back? reply we have sold about 1200 tickets so it will not be a problem.:augie There will be marquees on site with live bands and food stalls etc.
The Bmf spokeman called tony y expressed his regret that this decision had been made but added the original memba camping area was full of spoil from a buiding project.
The manor house on the website looks impressive and theres a loch fyne seafood resteraunt and a couple of pubs nearbye.
Sounds like a good weekend to be had!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom