sobering reading

Oh blah blah blah safety blah blah.

If you drive like a twat then good. Nobody needs to know the after affects if it all goes wrong. I'm sorry i'm so hard line but i'm not going to say "oh that's terrible, the poor, poor fellow."

"about one years riding experience" and "by also overtaking the car but this resulted in him entering a left hand bend at excessive speed".

"a rider of a Suzuki 750cc was killed in a head on collision with a Scania truck whilst overtaking at speed in contravention of double white lines."

Actually I will say "oh that's terrible, the poor, poor fellow" for some of the stories as a few were very unlucky, that side-car one in particular. :(

Nobody deserves to die no matter how idiotic they are.

Very few people ride 100% all the time and even if you did you cannot reckon on the idiocy of other road users.

A mate of mine whose riding was brilliant and from who I learned a lot - he was a senior IAM observer - was killed when a mini came around a bend at 110mph and out of control.

As my father said to me when giving me my first driving lesson "now remember, son, the roads are full of idiots and drunks".

It doesn't do us any harm to be reminded of our fallibility every now and then.

And finally.... Durham Police who put a lot into education and not speed cameras have one of the lowest fatality rates in the country.:soapbox: :soapbox:

I was in cumbria the other week and I'm not surprised there's so many accidents half the div's (tourists) driving about are looking out the side windows at the mountains and look genuinly surprised when the road disappears in the corners. The other half (locals) are driving on your side of the road straight at you cos they're inbred halfwits who find it funny to do so.

I think everyone should do refresher driving courses every couple of years to prove at least that you can past the streering wheel.

The other half (locals) are driving on your side of the road straight at you cos they're inbred halfwits who find it funny to do so.

Oi arsehole. I suppose you think everyone, because they dont come from your sorry corner of the country is an 'inbred halfwit'. Well.. with that attitude you better stay down there among the civilised folk and leave the nice roads to the inferiors.

Oi arsehole. I suppose you think everyone, because they dont come from your sorry corner of the country is an 'inbred halfwit'. Well.. with that attitude you better stay down there among the civilised folk and leave the nice roads to the inferiors.
Welcome to the list.

Den, you're a bloody gem you are :D

:hapybnce: :hapybnce: :hapybnce:

you can tell which are the surrey half wits cos they got no chin and drive daddy rolla...

:hapybnce:

I think it's a good link for highlighting what danger we are at from others. Shame it wasn't incorperated in the driving test.

I think it's a good link for highlighting what danger we are at from others.

And ourselves, as a good few of the examples include running wide on a left hand bend, into the oncomming traffic.

One of my neighbours went for a ride last saturday with her teenage son on the back, ran wide on a left hand bend and lost control. Luckily nothing comming, but she still ended up with a broken wrist and upper arm. The son got away with a small graze on his shoulder, probably due to the difference in kit.

So if youve been off the bike for a while take it easy and ride safe.

Back
Top Bottom