Took A Day's Holiday:

Voyager

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My '03 K1200GT "Superbrick" was in for its 24,000 mile Service and MOT today - so John Clark's lent me their new K1200GT demonstrator for the day . .

Went from Dundee to Cupar Angus, on to Dunkeld, Amulree and along Glen Quaich.

Found an abandoned Rentokill van in Glen Quaich - looks like the driver moved over to let someone pass without realising there was a ditch hiding in the heather !

Then from Kenmore to Killin and up the A85 & A82 to Fort William, where I had lunch at 'the Lochy Bar'.

GC was in good form and was about to go and meet HRH - he looked very smart in his kilt ! (No Picture I'm afraid).

From Fort William I took the A82 /A86 and joined the A9 at Dalwhinnie. I saw six or so bikes in a lay-by on the A86; most of which were GS' - anyone we know ?

Turned off at Pitlochry for fuel then took the A924 / A93 to Blairgowrie and then back to Dundee via Cupar.

264 miles on the borrowed bike, plus 157 on mine, weather good (apart from rain at Fort William, but you have to expect that). Result = A good day out.

Do I want to swap ? The new GT is very nice; lighter than the Brick and the riding position is better for me than the 'forward' stance of the older bike. In fact, the new GT feels just like my 1988 R80RT - with a jet engine !

The motor is still snatchy and one is on the throttle all the time as the slightest variation in the grip results in off / on jerking. There is no flywheel effect at all and backing off lightly on the approach to a bend results in quite severe engine braking.

Somehow I think a new(er) GS is on the cards rather than a new GT :thumb2
Here are some pics - mostly taken in Glen Quaich.

Attachments

• DSCN0260A.jpg
    DSCN0260A.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN0265A.jpg
    DSCN0265A.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN0274A.jpg
    DSCN0274A.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCN0276A.jpg
    DSCN0276A.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN0277A.jpg
    DSCN0277A.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 145
Good to see you Voyager, sorry I had to rush away, seems to be the way of things just now.
Which GS though :augie

Which GS though :augie

It will have to be an Adventure.

Question is - 1150 or 1200 ?

I like both, but the CANBUS wiring is putting me off the 1200.

The extra weight is putting me off the 1150 :blast

I'll 'borrow' JC's 1200 Adventure demonstrator for a day before I decide (best value £15 ever ! :thumb2 ).

JC's have sold their whole 2007 allocation so if I want a new one there will have to be some horse trading going on somewhere.

I'll need to trade-in my 'K' as I suspect the older 'brick' won't sell privately very well (and I couldn't justify having four bikes).

Bob.

Easy choice Bob.

You don't want one o' they plastic wannabe GS's.
It just HAS to be an 1150.
IMHO you're a closet 1150 owner, judging by the number of pics you've taken of my BB!!!!! :) :bounce1 :)

BB

Easy choice Bob.

You don't want one o' they plastic wannabe GS's.
It just HAS to be an 1150.
IMHO you're a closet 1150 owner, judging by the number of pics you've taken of my BB!!!!! :) :bounce1 :) BB

Yes . . When my neighbour bought a spotless 1999 1150 GS - guess who rode it home :thumb2

Found an abandoned Rentokill van in Glen Quaich - looks like the driver moved over to let someone pass without realising there was a ditch hiding in the heather !

A true "tosser" would have thought of his fellow travellers.......................
....... lobbed a rock through the van windscreen and left one of Oonyack's cards :augie )

Be more considerate next time :rob

Al :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom