APRIL 29 - Applecross Inn, Wester Ross, Lunch

AlcanCassiar

April 29 - Sunday Lunch,
Applecross - Wester Ross, 12noon to 1.30pm

Originally conceived to get as many bikes to Applecross as possible, it's now become a Charity Event.
Sorry about the short notice but there is a great Charity - The Robin House Children's Hospice at Balloch, Loch Lomond. Sustained by donations, it was the site of The Blue Knights' Charity Ride last Sunday.

From the blurb on Motorrad's website last week, The Robin House is patronized by a rather well known GS Adventurer rider - who has been round the world. Now there's a link to BMWs.

I know it's far away, 235-odd miles from Glasgow but there is great camping in Lochcarron, Torridon, and Applecross itself. B&B's galore and hotels everywhere.

We'll take anybody who wants to come 5 quid minimum donation and if you want to try to raise sponsorship......the more the merrier.
Please remember though.... It's NOT a ride-out - it's a destination. No prizes for the fastest there and the longest distance covered will probably go to the gentleman who is riding up from Solihull. Now there is commitment!

Anyone wishing to join up and ride together, please try to ride with folks you know.
Best wishes
See you in Tyndrum, Glencoe, Fort William, Cluanie, Lochcarron and of course - Applecross.

Welcome to the forum, Alan :thumb2

That's a great post for your first one. Hope you get loads of folk attending :thumb2

I see you found the "start new thread" button Colin.

Sorry I can't make it, I'm camping in the 6x6 that weekend ... you know what they say "you can do anything but you can't do everything"

Hope you get a good turnout.

I'll be there if I can afford it. The campsite in Applecross is pretty good, you can also hire the wigwam shed things if your not hard enought for the camping.:D

Colin (aka AlcanCassiar) here,

It's really not a "run" as such, just a hope that lots of folk will turn up there. It's a bit like Sturgis, SD in the US......thousands of miles from anywhere but last Summer 620,000 bikes were there. Applecross is SLIGHTLY smaller so - can we get 100/200 bikes??
Some folk will ride together and certainly, I'll look to heading North - Saturday 3.30 ish. Where are you coming from?

Ronno, Many thanks but I hope you can attend? Would be nice to have a Senior GSer there!

Back
Top Bottom