Autocom lead part 1434 PLEASE HELP

bluepassat

Hi all

Been having trouble with Autocom lead part 1434, for use with Icom F22sr radio and Autocom Kit200 for bike-to-bike coms (already tried another lead as i ordered 2 at the same time one for me the other for a friend and thats the same) and Autocom say that is the correct lead for that radio

Found I have to push the plug in hard and hold it there for it to work properly (its as if the pins aren’t long enough)

My question is any suggestions? as a quick fix I was thinking of cutting away the plastic so the pins go further in or should I just contact Autocom Monday

Regards

I had same problem with an mp3 lead and trimmed the plastic back and all was fine but expect your lead cost more and GSrich will be along with some handy hints soon :thumb2

Im not too sure on this the Icom leads have not chenged in design and the Part 1434's are the correct lead. When I am back at work on Monday I will try a lead of the shelf with one of our Icoms to see what happens and I will post what I find.

Rich

Im not too sure on this the Icom leads have not chenged in design and the Part 1434's are the correct lead. When I am back at work on Monday I will try a lead of the shelf with one of our Icoms to see what happens and I will post what I find.

Rich

Hi Rich

I don’t know if this makes any difference but I have a D type earphone with PTT mic (hands free) and both 3.5mm and 2.5mm pins have 2 black lines (stereo jack) and that works fine

The Autocom lead only the 2.5mm (stereo) the 3.5mm is mono…. Will this matter?

Regards

Right I have tried a handfull of the leads of our shelves with an Icom F22SR and non of the leads caused me any problems. The leads plugged in fully and speech was good going out and coming in.

So all I can suggest mate would be sending me back your leads so I can try them myself and we can go from there.

Rich

Right I have tried a handfull of the leads of our shelves with an Icom F22SR and non of the leads caused me any problems. The leads plugged in fully and speech was good going out and coming in.

So all I can suggest mate would be sending me back your leads so I can try them myself and we can go from there.

Rich

Hi Rich

I have done some testing with another radio today and all seems OK :thumb with the lead I had (Autocom Icom 1434)… so it looks like the pins inside the other radio aren’t making contact with your lead?

Do you make an Autocom lead for the Icom with grub screws on? (To use the screw holes next to the mic and speaker) So it will go in further

Regards

Martin

Hi Rich

I have done some testing with another radio today and all seems OK :thumb with the lead I had (Autocom Icom 1434)… so it looks like the pins inside the other radio aren’t making contact with your lead?

Do you make an Autocom lead for the Icom with grub screws on? (To use the screw holes next to the mic and speaker) So it will go in further

Regards

Martin

If the pin is not making full contact, perhaps you try cutting back the plastic part of the pin to ensure it seats properly.

Hi Rich

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately not, we do sell a few different versions of the Icom leads but the plugs that fit into the Icom's are all the same. The only real difference is that the F4SR needs seperate jack plugs due to having the sockets on the top of the transceiver and the space is a little bit too tight for our plugs to plug in correctly.

You could do what John has said but it shouldnt really be needed.

Rich :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom