Landed in East Yorkshire

delpel

Reaction score
Hi there chaps, thought I'd introduce myself now that I have returned from sunnier climes (the weathers been pretty good here I must say)

Ok, names Derek or Del and I have just moved to Keyingham to the east of Hull. I have a 2003 1150Gs which I rebuilt from ebay spares (see my earlier posts) The wife rides an SV650. You will see us out and about when we get our shit sorted.

By the way Inoticed a 1150GSA parked up in a garden as you drive into Keyingham, anybodies on here.

So whats the ride out situation and/or decent bike meets in the area.

TTFN and look forward to meeting up some time.

Welcome (back?)

You'll find it tends to be a bit :tumbleweed here in the Yorks section!
Mind you, not that I've posted anything here so I'm just as bad. I'm sure that some East Yorks folk may be along shortly to tell you about stuff going on over there. It'll be handy for excursions to the Continent, that's for sure. :thumb2

We're in West Yorks; fella rides a GS12 and I have a ickle ER-5 at the mo.

Cheers
TC

The best regular meets I know of are sherburn and willingham, but they're 60 miles from the sticks.
Anyway, welcome to the site. :)

Welcome Del, I'm down the road from you in Hedon so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Depends what you want out of a meet, Squires in Sherburn is OK during the quieter months, but come the warmer weather becomes a magnet for every knob on two wheels it appears. Must be a couple of thousand bikes there on a wednesday evening and at weekends and must be something like 80% of them stick it on the back wheel as they exit up the hill!!

Only come across the Willingham woods place by accident, near Market Rasen I think and that was similar, absolutely heaving. We tend to ride out mid week (the joys of shift working) and head away from the biker haunts usually into the Dales or North Yorkshire moors.

Andy T

Hi Del,
I ride a GS12 and live in Hull.
Wednesday night is a bike meet at Seaways Cafe in Fridaythorpe.
Only started up this year so still quiet.
Weekends it is busier as is the picknick area just down the road from Fimber.
You often get folk for near Squires going there.
Gonna do Rutland Rigg near Pickering some time soon if your up for some gentle off roading.
CP.

Back
Top Bottom