Shoei XR1000

Eastriding2002

Reaction score
I've just ordered myself a new helmet and have decided on the Shoei XR1000. Question, how easy is the autocom mic / earphones rig to fit?

Any tips etc. much appreciated.

Andy T

Nice and easy, takes me around 5 mins to fit them. Speaker fit via velcro strips to the black plastic inner shell of the helmet ran horzinatally. Microphone under the small check pad which is held in place via three popper press studs, again with a strip of velcro holding down in place

To fit the loom I flex the back of the helmet apart and drop the loom between the inner and outser part of the helmet and also do the same for the wiring to connect the second speaker.

Rich

yeh that it one thing with the latest Shoeis, they are a 50/50 with us on how tight or loose they are one the headsets are fitted but this would be the same with any branded headset fitted.

Shoei X - 1000

You make it sound really easy. I've got a Shoei x1000 and it was a pain in the ar*e to fit the autocom. The only way I managed in the end was to tape the loom to the outside of the back of the helmet!!

Barry

You make it sound really easy. I've got a Shoei x1000 and it was a pain in the ar*e to fit the autocom. The only way I managed in the end was to tape the loom to the outside of the back of the helmet!!

Barry

Get a spoon or fork handle and squeeze it in between the inner and outer shell off the helmets and flex the parts open and drop the loom down, nothing needs to be taped to the outside of the lid.

Rich

Jobs a goodun indeed Rich, 10 minutes (the spoon tip was excellent) and I'm ready to roll.

All I need now is to suss out the ideal spot for the speakers and its sorted.

Cheers,

Andy T

Back
Top Bottom