Marrakech Accomodation

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
The lovely Amanda and I will be loosing our respective Morrocan 'cherries' in 4 weeks time and I'm trying to sort some accomodation for the two nights we will be spending in Marrakech.

Accomodation on the the trip will be pretty basic so whilst in Marrakesh we want to stay somewhere a little bit nice that is both 'authentic Morrocan' (Riad?) and a sumptous retreat from the husstle and bustle of Marrakesh.

We are looking to spend 80(ish) Euros per night.

The one place we liked the look of was booked up and, whilst a lot of others on the web look good they also seem very similar so any personal reccomendations would be very welcome.

Also, if unable to park the bike in the Riad what do peeople generally do about parking bikes - is bike security an 'issue' in Marrakech?

Cheers
Andres

Andres,

We stayed at the Hotel Akabar last week I think it was 400DH per night (about £25) and was a great place.

It has safe parking for the bikes and although not in the centre of Marrakech, it is only a 15 minute walk to the Souks and main square, just turn right out of the hotel and then right at the island down Mohamed V Avenue and it's about a mile on your left.

situation2.jpg

Be sure to experience the souks in the day, the smells will stay with you for ever, the leather, dates, nuts and other fine foods all blended with a distinct aroma of donkey manure :D and don’t miss the square at night to sample the outdoor food.

The Hotel website is here and their email address is here

Have a great time :thumb2

Riad sindibad

Hi Andreas,

We went to Marakesh last year. Stayed at the Riad sindibad which is near the main bus station just inside the walls.

http://www.riad-sindibad.com/english/presentation.html

It is a bit above your budget but it was sumptious. The people are friendly and helpful. They arranged a good deal for a guided trip to the Atlas Mountains.

The walk to the main square is complicated and thru some rough bits. All part of the charm. I don't know if they have secure parking. I am sure if you ask they will try to sort something out.

Marrakesh is fantastic. Enjoy your stay.

in marrakesh now

hello
after a hour or so of riding around trying to find a raid that 1) had space for me and 2) had space for my bike i went of a bit of a euro hotel option.

the place i am in is called hotel majorelle, and whislt it is not perticually "local" after a few days in the desart and a quite hard off piest from Ait Benhaddou the comfortable bed and a bath for my clouths and i was most welcome.

it is also easy to get to and has underground parking. i have not had a problem at all parking or with any security issues in morocco but decided that a private car park would be a good idea for no other reason then this is a big city, and no matter where you are they can be a little more dodgy.

apart from that marrakesh is as mad as a box of frogs and fantastic.

the hotel is on bvd. allal el fassi just up from a large super market called aswak assalam and costs 320 d. per night inc breakfast

All the best,i am sure where ever you end up you will have a great time

Adam

Thanks very much all, Adam hope you're having a good time there:beerjug:

Right - time to sit down and sort out a place to stay.

Andres

Back
Top Bottom