Yet another autocom question....

samclifford

I have tried searching but can't find the answer yet....

My autocom started acting up on my ride home from Brands at the weekend. I play my Ipod through the system. For some reason the microphone in the helmet was staying active no matter what I did, this in turn kept the music to a level where I could not hear it.

Every so often it would kind of 'unfreeze' and start working, only to go back to being active and not being able to hear.

Any tips or should I consult my local dealer?

Sam

Check the vox pot has not been caught by acccident and turned to it's lowest setting.

is that one of the nobs on the side (excuse the lack of technical knowledge, its deserted me after looking at your avatar thingy....) and would that cause it to come on all the time?

Yes if it's pro 7, it sticks out the end were you plug in your accesories, I'm sure it's labelled vox, turn it one way (i'm not sure which way) and the microphone will be sensitive and on all the time, opposite direction and you will struggle to activate the microphone, they do take a little setting up once you've found the right place mark it (tip-ex or similar worked for me) so you can always put it back to your base setting if it moves.

Yeah all I can say is that the VOX dial might of been knocked or moved, you will need to turn it anti clockwise to stiffen the vox up.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom