Heated grips

kiwiAdventure

Reaction score
I've just fitted some heated grips to the HP. No instructions provided, but was real easy to do. Now I just have to get BMW to hock the computer up to the HP to make them work. :)

Since I've had the HP I've enjoyed working on the bike I've surprised myself being not very mechanically skilled:augie

I forgot to add when I picked up my heated grips form the shop look what else turned up from Playboy California. They were all centre fold girls. They were here for the opening of there first Playboy shop in Auckland.

DSC00072.jpg

Wooo!!! :D

EDIT - Nearly forgot reason for post, are you going to keep the standard battery? I commute 15 miles twice a day on mine and it is getting sluggish to start by Friday, I will get B*W to swap the battery under warranty but may go for something bigger if it is still no better.

It might weigh under 200kgs but it is still heavy pushing after a while

I've just fitted some heated grips to the HP. No instructions provided, but was real easy to do. Now I just have to get BMW to hock the computer up to the HP to make them work. :)

Since I've had the HP I've enjoyed working on the bike I've surprised myself being not very mechanically skilled:augie

Are these BMW heated grips? Do they replace the existing grips or are they something like the oxford ones that go over the existing grips??

Thanks

Mav

I'm amazed you remembered what you went in for!! I never see that sort of thing at my BMW dealer :tears

I forgot to add when I picked up my heated grips form the shop look what else turned up from Playboy California. They were all centre fold girls. They were here for the opening of there first Playboy shop in Auckland.

DSC00072.jpg

Are these BMW heated grips? Do they replace the existing grips or are they something like the oxford ones that go over the existing grips??

Thanks

Mav

BMW grips. they come as a kit which includes new grips and replacement switch gear for the right side. The wires to plug the grips into are behind the switch covers.

BMW grips. they come as a kit which includes new grips and replacement switch gear for the right side. The wires to plug the grips into are behind the switch covers.

Yet another reason to make the HP2 even more tempting!!

Thanks for the info.

Mav

how much

How much is the kit for the heated grips and did they charge to update the ECU.

Back
Top Bottom