Off Road Advice

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

Do any of you guys know of any off road routes (one would do ;) ) within easy distance of Glen Clova.

I'm looking for route that a few bikes could go on during the Gathering of the Clans meet (for those who don't fancy the road runs)

I realise that this could be a tall order but...

Thanks in advance,
Ronno

Think you might be into 'getting mistook for a dear (honest) and shot' territory here. There is always Jocks road i suppose :thumb

Think you might be into 'getting mistook for a dear (honest) and shot' territory here. There is always Jocks road i suppose :thumb

I've walked a part of Jock's Road, mind you that was several years ago and my memory might be playing tricks on me (age you see :rob ). I know that it's possible and probably relatively easy on a MTB but would it be suitable on a GS?

bgfinlay to the Command Room. Paging bgfinlay!

I've walked a part of Jock's Road, mind you that was several years ago and my memory might be playing tricks on me (age you see :rob ). I know that it's possible and probably relatively easy on a MTB but would it be suitable on a GS?

bgfinlay to the Command Room. Paging bgfinlay!

Could always try it if your looking for volunteers:augie :thumb

Shot in the dark but

I passed that area today and approx 3 miles back from the spittle up to the right there is an area of private(no FC signs anyway)forest thats been cut. A very interesting long and winding track snakes all the way up over a hill. If we could find out who owns it and get permission. I can't see us doing any damage(well only to ourselves)

Stumpy

Shot in the dark but

I passed that area today and approx 3 miles back from the spittle up to the right there is an area of private(no FC signs anyway)forest thats been cut. A very interesting long and winding track snakes all the way up over a hill. If we could find out who owns it and get permission. I can't see us doing any damage(well only to ourselves)

Stumpy

Any chance of you making enquiries if poss, Andy? :thumb2

It's about 10 years since I was up there with the mtb. From memory it would be do-able on an enduro bike but not a GS.

TBH That was my thinking (purely from memeory of walking it).

That's Jock's Road scratched from the list :thumb2

I'll take a trip there next week and ask around:thumb

Stumpy

Ronno - I seem to recall that Den had a post of an offroad route somewhere near Kirriemuir. I can't remember how long it was but you could PM him for info

Andy

Andy,

IIRC Den's post was tongue in cheek. I think it was a path going over a Munro or something. ;)

Edit: Just seen Den's post below. Sorry for thinking yer original post was a jape, Den :thumb2

Ronno - I seem to recall that Den had a post of an offroad route somewhere near Kirriemuir. I can't remember how long it was but you could PM him for info

Andy

It only about 3/4 of a mile along a disused railway. Not worth the effort really.

Back
Top Bottom