My new toy...

mhomuc@mac.com

Reaction score
After leaving Ireland....returning to the homeland of the GS, my good old lady had a little boy...strong engine (190 bhp) and in healthy conditions...still needs some "driving in" and behaviour rules (still doing unexpected wheelies beyond 200km), but nearly a master at cornering....
see below....

I definitively enjoy the fantastic wheater in germany, since 2 weeks constantly over 20 degrees, no rain and perfect grip, BUT I miss the "good old times" with you guys out on the GS...:aidan
the mother of all bikes is still in my garage and in very well conditions...still recovering from the "shock!" of the birth of her, somehow japanese looking baby son (...if I ever get the asian guy who f*cked :eek: my GS as well...I have to change his DNA a bit...), but already preparing for the 2 days offroad course with BMW in may...

see ya.... :beer: and many many greetings from the homeland of the GS...:D :thumb

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_0053_2.jpg
    IMG_0053_2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 468
nice to see your new rice rocket :thumb2 you just missed 2 weeks of sun here but not quite 20 degrees:( wonder would the new bike be any good up Slieve Felim:nenau :D ;)

will hopefully organise another w/end up there, welcome to stay if you dont mind riding pillion:thumb2
:beerjug:

After leaving Ireland....returning to the homeland of the GS, my good old lady had a little boy...strong engine (190 bhp) and in healthy conditions...still needs some "driving in" and behaviour rules (still doing unexpected wheelies beyond 200km), but nearly a master at cornering....
see below....

I definitively enjoy the fantastic wheater in germany, since 2 weeks constantly over 20 degrees, no rain and perfect grip, BUT I miss the "good old times" with you guys out on the GS...:aidan
the mother of all bikes is still in my garage and in very well conditions...still recovering from the "shock!" of the birth of her, somehow japanese looking baby son (...if I ever get the asian guy who f*cked :eek: my GS as well...I have to change his DNA a bit...), but already preparing for the 2 days offroad course with BMW in may...

see ya.... :beer: and many many greetings from the homeland of the GS...:D :thumb

Looks cool and mega quick, what is it though :confused:

nice to see your new rice rocket :thumb2 you just missed 2 weeks of sun here but not quite 20 degrees:( wonder would the new bike be any good up Slieve Felim:nenau :D ;)

will hopefully organise another w/end up there, welcome to stay if you dont mind riding pillion:thumb2
:beerjug:

Thanks ! :D am currently organising a trip for 2009 with some guys over here to Ireland and Scotland...your address is on my list for B&B...

well...I would try to go around Slieve Felim...but still have my GS...
btw...today its 26 degrees...:Motomartin

You on an R1, I immediatly pictured you thrashing it down some muddy
track with a big grin on your face. :D

Or something like this........:eek:
2002-03-01-SjaakLucassenR1Sahara-2-LG.jpg

Well wear lad, Daithi. :thumb

Think thon. shed might affect the aero dynamics a bit. :D

Lovely bike Marcus health to use her. :thumb

Marcus on an R1, I can just see the wheelies and stoppies already :) Have you learned to stand on the pegs yet!! The very best of luck with it.

Sweet :bow

if you ever want to try some A/bahns in the east - give me a call :thumb

Trev

:D :D :D
sounds interesting...
but really cool bike....but you need the rodas/track for it....real fun...

Marcus on an R1, I can just see the wheelies and stoppies already :) Have you learned to stand on the pegs yet!! The very best of luck with it.

Hi Dave...standing on the pegs .sure...its as easy as on the GS...the only diff is that its no handed...so its a bit shorter as on the GS...

With stoppies am taking care..brakes are quiet aggressive and there is no ABS....wheelies...hmh...on the GS I wished to do them like I wanted..which usually never worked as I thought....vs on the R1...it does wheelies when I never would like to do them....last time last sunday...on full acceleration on the motorway..coming from 10k on the revs in the 4th gear on going towards 13..and she made a wheelie...with 223km....:eek: after that...I stopped for a smoke...:thumb :)...but just in that area the bike turns into an agressive animal...before that theres lots of power...but it gives you the feeling its under control....like with the GS...

Whats with your trip to main europe ? :nenau

Hi M Nothing booked yet,but the plans are coming together.The plan at this stage is the first 2 weeks of Sept,with not much milage on any day, staying in B+B's or small hotels.Roughly its as follows
Day 1 Sat 1st Leave Ireland,across the uk,overnight ferry to Hook of Holland.
Day 2 Hook of Holland to somewhere around Baden Baden,400mls longest day,but mostly motorway
Day 3 As you suggested take the b500 from Baden Baden down and then across to Friedrichshafen 200mls
Day 4+5 The misses is flying into Fredrichshafen on that morning.Using the Alpentourer and motorcycle journeys as a guide for the rest of the trip.Take 2 days to get to Bolzano,150mls a day
Day 6 Spend the day in the Dolomites and then back to Bolzano
Day 7 Bolzano to Malls(near Bormio) 150mls
Day 8 Malls to Bellinzona 200mls
Day 9 Bellinzano to Brig 200mls
Day 10 Brig to Bourg-st-Maurice 200mls
Day 11 St Maurice to Geneva about 90 mls. This is whey the misses leaves me and fly's home
Day 12+13 Depending on how things are,I hope to continue on and take 2 days to get to Nice following the Route de Grande Alps.
At that stage Im sure I will have had enough,so hopefully catch the motorrail overnight from Nice back to Calais(very pricey:mad: ),and the a ferry back to the uk and on home.The milage a day is not big but its as many pass's and senic routes as possible,taking my time and enjoying them.As someone who has done a bit of this, What do you think?:nenau

Biker Friendly Hotel near Bolzano

Hi Dave,

I bought Marcus' GS in Ireland ( now on Paddy Plates) and know of a really biker friendly hotel near Bolzano. Follow the web links

http://www.gasserhof.it/de/biker_angebote.php

http://www.gasserhof.it/de/biker.php

http://www.gasserhof.it/de/kueche.php

http://www.gasserhof.it/de/zimmer.php

http://www.gasserhof.it/de/komfort.php

http://www.gasserhof.it/de/kontakt.php

I stayed there a few times, average half board price is approx €35-€50 per person depending on time of year. The food if great(owner is a chef as well as a biker!!).Grub time is flexible and can be organised to suit tours in the area. Secure parking and bike washing facilities included.Best part though is the really serious twisties and gorges in the area, makes the trip there worthwhile. Hope the info is of some use.

Hi Gimzo. Thanks for that,all help appreciated,as its my first long spin abroad, and as usual the guys who were interested in going with me are now pulling out, and it looks like it will be just me and the other half.

Hi M Nothing booked yet,but the plans are coming together.The plan at this stage is the first 2 weeks of Sept,with not much milage on any day, staying in B+B's or small hotels.Roughly its as follows
Day 1 Sat 1st Leave Ireland,across the uk,overnight ferry to Hook of Holland.
Day 2 Hook of Holland to somewhere around Baden Baden,400mls longest day,but mostly motorway
Day 3 As you suggested take the b500 from Baden Baden down and then across to Friedrichshafen 200mls
Day 4+5 The misses is flying into Fredrichshafen on that morning.Using the Alpentourer and motorcycle journeys as a guide for the rest of the trip.Take 2 days to get to Bolzano,150mls a day
Day 6 Spend the day in the Dolomites and then back to Bolzano
Day 7 Bolzano to Malls(near Bormio) 150mls
Day 8 Malls to Bellinzona 200mls
Day 9 Bellinzano to Brig 200mls
Day 10 Brig to Bourg-st-Maurice 200mls
Day 11 St Maurice to Geneva about 90 mls. This is whey the misses leaves me and fly's home
Day 12+13 Depending on how things are,I hope to continue on and take 2 days to get to Nice following the Route de Grande Alps.
At that stage Im sure I will have had enough,so hopefully catch the motorrail overnight from Nice back to Calais(very pricey:mad: ),and the a ferry back to the uk and on home.The milage a day is not big but its as many pass's and senic routes as possible,taking my time and enjoying them.As someone who has done a bit of this, What do you think?:nenau

Hi Dave...very interesting and huge trip, but definitively worth it.
I personally would stay a bit longer in the Bozen (Bolzano) or Meran (Merano) region, as I love the dolomites a lot, but its certainly easier for me to go there.
I have one address I coud suggest, it the Matronerhof in Barbian, which is straight above on a mountain from the Brenner Road (most freq, used highway through the alps from austria to italy, based between Bozen and Meran ( a bit closer to Meran...but its just 40km diff anyway). the homepage is: http://www.matronerhof.it I paid last time EUR 18,- for B&B and its a very lovely and clean place. Also you can have a look at http://www.barbian.it
there you can find all other hotels, b&b's etc.
There are almost all the same....as Gizmo showed as well.

You can stay at my place over in germany if you want and I guide you towards Friedrichshafen if you want, through some lovely roads incl. visiting Heidelberg...if you want...you are always welcome !

Let me know, and I will post you a pm with my german details...will do it anyway at the weekend.

@ Gizmo: nice to hear from you...hope my ex wife is still in good shape and behaves well ? :)

oki doki...today its gonna be 29 degrees, and I took the GS @ work...leaving the rubber on the road and flying through corners...as my R1 is on 1st 1k service inspection...getting her back tomorrow....feels strange going back to a GS after the R1 for some time.....

Ahoi from hot and sunny germany...

Marcus
:aidan

Thanks Marcus,yea I just might take you up on that offer,Jockser I'll have a look at those sites,cheers

Back
Top Bottom