Intaride A80 Radio's

AlanL

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
All

Have purchased the Intaride A80 radio for bike to bike communications with my mates, although they give excellent clarity the distance does not seem fantastic (even on 2w setting i'm only getting approx 1 mile). The only place I could get the radio to sit correctly was under the seat (hence lack of distance !:rob )

I have now added the external aerial to my long list of extra's for the GS, but was wondering if anyone else out there has fitted the same and could provide advice and possibly pictures of where / how ? :bow :bow :bow :bow

Intaride advise me I can get around 5 to 6 Miles with the aerial in the correct place !

Last edited:
Under current legislation ...

... any equipment using the 2W setting in the UK can be confiscated; as can the vehicle it's attached to i.e. by your external aerial :(

Put mine upright in top box, works over a few miles usually but can be down to a mile amongst buildings etc. BTW one of the best shields for radio waves is the human body (mostly water) so a high-ish mounting is best.

As for legality, I think it unlikely anyone would find out, although an external arial is a bit of a give-away:rolleyes:

Put mine upright in top box, works over a few miles usually but can be down to a mile amongst buildings etc. BTW one of the best shields for radio waves is the human body (mostly water) so a high-ish mounting is best.

As for legality, I think it unlikely anyone would find out, although an external arial is a bit of a give-away:rolleyes:

So can I take it that this is with the radio set to 'L' ? :rob :rob

Nope, no point in getting a 2 watt and strangling it down to .5

But how will the authorities ever know?

external ariel

I have had an external ariel connected to an A80 for a couple of years, mounted on my handlebars(fazer 1000) never been pulled and if i was, i would just tell then that its the sat nav ariel, works for me :thumb2

I also have the A80 Radio, and decided to mount the external antenna up front on the clocks. here is a picture of this..

The mount is machined out of plastic, and also allows me to mount a healmetcam on the side.. this was version1 so it's a bit rough :)

IMG_3134.jpg

Radio is under the seat powered via a relay..and connected to my autocom. note the A80 needed a special Autocom cable...(theres a surprise!)

cheers

Back
Top Bottom