New edition Michelin 742 map

Tim Cullis

Scotland lover
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Putney, London and the Altiplano de Granada
I finally got to see the new edition. Big yawn, I'm afraid.

http://www.mapsworldwide.com/sku_4777.htm

Michelin is obviously intent on 'sweating the asset' and there has been very little updating. Comparing against the earlier map, the coastal motorway from Rabat is shown as complete to Tanger and the route of the extension toward Ceuta, and then down to Tetouan is pencilled in. After 15 minutes of studying I finally noticed another change--the new road from Adgz to Tazenakht which used to be a piste.

Otherwise way out of date as far as actual conditions on the ground. The main road from Boulemane past Kelaa M'Gouna is still shown as a scenic road despite being the worst example of urban ribbon development I've seen.

Tim

There's another difference that I just discovered on a recent trip when I was using the old and a mate was using the new version.

Those useful little 'x' signs that show you whether a small town has petrol.... they've almost all been removed.

I really struggle to see the wisdom in this, because for me they were just about the most useful piece of information available.

So...if petrol availability's a question for any part of your particular route, maybe take a look at the old version too.

Paul G

Back
Top Bottom