ABS Problem

David H Gutteridge

I have a problem with the ABS on a '02 R1150 GS.

When I am slowly coming to a halt, the ABS functions on either the front, back or occasionally both wheels.

Dear Old Southport Superbikes, (Bless 'em), tell me that as my on board computer isn't registering a fault and their computer isn't registering a fault then obviously there isn't a fault!!!!!

Strange. . Or is it me.

The battery was called into question but as I am averaging 1000 miles per month, mostly long distances and I use an Optimate in between then I can't see that the fault lies there.

'Ah! but you must be overcharging it!' said the Wise Old Sage at the aforementioned emporium.

I thought Optimates were supposed to regulate the charge rate.

It must be me!!

Any ideas out there?? Be quick as I am orf to Tuscany in 2 weeks.

David

Take it to another dealer pronto!!

would recommend Rydales of cardiff but a bit out of your way.

am sure there is a dealer of a similar calibre near to yourself and equally as sure that someone will be able to recommend them to you before it is too late for you hols!!

ABS Problems

About a week. It is an intermittant problem but occurs more often than not and only when I am doing about 5mph or less.

David

I have the same

With the Evil II (sorry Evo II) verision. If you squeeze a little too tight then they activate. Spoken to Wollaston about it and they advise monitoring the situation as it could be down to Pilot error.

Since then I have had a couple of times. Saying that the brakes are good, stopped me a couple of times in:yikes situations.

HTH, Nick

ABS Problems

Thanks Nick.

The problem occurs not in panic situations but just when the brake is being feathered prior to coming to a halt and often in heavy traffic when I am pottering along.

Strange.

I talked to Richard at Alan Jefferies today (expensive but usually know what they are talking about) and he and the technicians (once upon a time they were all mechanics, now they are technicians!!) couldn't fathom it out either.

Anyway I have booked in with them when I come back from Tuscany in early October so will let you know what transpires.

At worst if the ABS packs up all together, it won't affect my riding as I think that 50 mph is fast enough for anyone.

David

David
My ABS trouble arose due to the fact the rear shock had died,
obviously this is not the trouble in your case.
I just switched off the ABS until a got some new shocks.
Have a nice holiday :)

Mark

Dave

I'll be at Rainbow on Sat, i'll have a word in a friendly ear see what I can find out.

Back
Top Bottom