It always Rains in Scotland....

Coolcarbon

Elsewhere....
Reaction score
Or that's what an awfee lot of folk think.....;) :D

Having spent last night in the Flat of the Inverness dealers, 'Calterdon', CC II was given it's first service this morning since the engine rebuild back end of last year..:rolleyes: ...

It was ready for just after 10.00, sooooo....Mrs CC and I decided to have a wee bimble that turned into a 320 mile detour home...:D

Heading north-ish and west from the Highland Capital and after riding one of the best roads in the UK, the A835 from Garve towards Ullapool, we hung a left at the Gairloch junc onto the A832...which gave us a fantastic view of Loch Broom...

Aweerunafter600service010.jpg

After riding through the hamlet of Dundonnell, we skirted the south side of Little Loch Broom, another part of biking Nirvana otherwise known as Scotland...(you can see the road heading off over the hill in the distance)...

Aweerunafter600service011.jpg

The weather was amazing, not a cloud in the sky, and views to die for...

Aweerunafter600service017.jpg

Onwards....

The Beaches up here are well kept secrets....too many to show, here are a couple to get yer juices flowing...:)

Aweerunafter600service019.jpg

another....

Aweerunafter600service020.jpg

So to Lunch, the 'Old Inn' @ Gairloch...

Fresh in from a Whaling ship, didn't know whether to climb it or eat it...:D

Mrs CC has a dish if Venison and Pheasant casserole to tackle...

Aweerunafter600service024.jpg

Didn't stop much after that lot, would have fallen asleep, as it was the the roads and scenery kept us both buzzin, oh, and the Ipod of course...:thumb

Had a wee break looking across the Watery map of Scotland...Loch Garry..

Aweerunafter600service026.jpg

Then heading south from Invergarry, we spotted this wee boat....the Skipper must have upset Nessie as she was passing through Loch Lochy....Bad Idea.

Aweerunafter600service027.jpg

Imagine explaining that to Lloyd's of London...:D

Cracking pics there CC. Cannae wait until our week up there after the Gathering. I hope you haven't used up all the fine weather. ;)

That bike is too bloody clean as well BTW. :)

Looks like a great day CC. Was thinking of heading up to Gairloch tomorrow and the pic of the fish and chips has persuaded me to defo get up there!:D
ps..Calterdon let you stay in their flat?! What??!! How did you manage that !!??:eek

ps..Calterdon let you stay in their flat?! What??!! How did you manage that !!??:eek

They have a wee en-suite flat attached to the showroom that you can use FOC when your bike/car is in for service/repair...:clap

Just need to make sure it's available for the date you want to go...no problem so far, always give them a couple or three weeks notice...:thumb

It gives you a night in Inverness on the Hoos...:beer:

They have a wee en-suite flat attached to the showroom that you can use FOC when your bike/car is in for service/repair...:clap

Just need to make sure it's available for the date you want to go...no problem so far, always give them a couple or three weeks notice...:thumb

It gives you a night in Inverness on the Hoos...:beer:

Yip, this thread started a conversation in my house, looks like meself and the
missus will now be heading to Scotland this summer. Yippppeeeee.

:beerjug:

Excellent pickds Mr Carbon. Your spot on with the food at the old inn its wonderful, the Cullen Skink is to die for. :thumb2

I may head over that way tomorrow for a blast if the weather is anything as good as it was today. Banchory was absolutely mobbed with tourists and the ice cream shop was closed as the owners were away on holiday...... :( there was a continual stream of bikers coming through heading out on the Bramaer road.... I was itching to get out but had to play Dad.... however tomorrows another day:rolleyes:

I thought you said you ad a rubbish camera by the way!!

AndyT

Marvellous what Photoshop can do.

It must have taken hours to blot out all the midges, blot out the clouds and change the sky from grey. :augie

Then heading south from Invergarry, we spotted this wee boat.....

Aweerunafter600service027.jpg

Imagine explaining that to Lloyd's of London...:D

Bugger! I think I surveyed that one last week :blast

Must go and change the report :eek:

Nice pics :thumb2 although it's not clear if your indicators are working? :nenau

Al :thumb

CC,

These pictures are now becoming boring.

A few bends here and there, the odd view, a few lochs to dip your feet in, the odd beach or two.

Where are the motorways, the speed traps, the japanese riding nutters, terraced houses, mills and chimneys, overbanding, sunday drivers, caravens, etc etc....

Surely you must get stressed by it all. :)

Great pics Mike, was up that way myself a couple of weeks ago and got some good pics. I stayed in The Old Inn for a couple of nights and enjoyed the roads in great weather.

It is without doubt one of my favorite spots on the planet for a chill out. There were a couple of great folk singers on the Friday night. When I get meeself sorted I will post up some pics :thumb

Coolcarbon, I was parked next to your bike at The Green Welly this afternoon (mine is a red 1100R). Am I really so sad I can recognise bikes belonging to people I've never met just from reading this web site? Probably. It was a great weekend, I headed out to Ardnamurchan point. Simply beautiful.

M :thumb

Coolcarbon, I was parked next to your bike at The Green Welly this afternoon (mine is a red 1100R). Am I really so sad I can recognise bikes belonging to people I've never met just from reading this web site? Probably. It was a great weekend, I headed out to Ardnamurchan point. Simply beautiful.

M :thumb

Aahhh........ you only noticed it cos it was parked next to the sexy R-1 :augie

I guess that the GS in the pic is yours then?.........

Perth2.JPG

Al :thumb

I was parked next to your bike at The Green Welly this afternoon (mine is a red 1100R).

I think I clocked you leaving...does your bike have a windscreen fitted? (1100r Blackal..get yer eyes focused..:rolleyes: )

Ardnamurchan is indeed a great place to play on the bike...:thumb

Was the Tearoom open at the light hoos?

Hey Al,

Is that Shineyface in your piccy.
Rumour has it he used half a tank of fuel on the A9 recently looking for his wallet.

Perth2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom