sheepskins for seat covers

bryan

sometime back i saw a post for sheep skins to make a seat cover,
has anybody got the details?
i need approx 0.5m*0.5m
thanks bryan
ps.500 mile days on a dakar are a pain in the a**e

Hi there,

I've only ever seen these used in Australia where I'm from. They work very well I've heard. I've checked that site out and it looks good for the dosh. One question: are you sure the single is enough for the 1100GS?
thanks.

You can try www.sheepland.co.uk go for the pet rug at £25.00 then cut it to size (however it fits both seats spot on uncut).

i can second this: bought my 'single' pet rug from these people last week, it arrived the next day.

a quick trip to john lewis to buy some elastic and a DIY metal eyelet maker, an hour trimming fur here and there and i've now got a totally comfy arse for many hours at a time!!

tips: the single pet cover will only fit one seat, and width-wise, only just. (the one i got, anyway).

also, once you've cut it to shape, trim back all the fur where it's going to fold under the seat, otherwise you won't get the seat on. thats if you're gonna bother 'fitting' it at all - i know some people use theirs quite happily with just bungies...

either way, they are seriously comfortable!!

pr0ne

PrOne,

many thanks for that. I'll get one immediately and follow your excellent instructions.

By the way, have you had experience with the Gel Seats? I've seen them on USA websites but not sure about here. In theory they should be the answer. It's a "gel package" that (I think) just attaches to the seat.

hoko

I ordered a BLACK rug yesterday for £40 from Sheepland. Chap was very nice and used to dealing with bikers. This piece is 3 feet long tapering to 2 feet (they are all in trianglular pattern, he says) and will possibly cover both seats on the GS.

Let you know when I receive it.

Thanks to Dave and Val for the tip.
Cheers now.

Hoko,

Thats the one I've got and from the same people. You're arse will not be dissapointed.

:)

Fitting ?

try this. Put it on seat and sit on it.... seems to work for me an most people i know .. also if its long enough to fit front and rear seat when its raining as you park up just fold in 1/2 backwards for a dry seat on return :)

EHHHH?????

Have seen these things in bikes in the past. Just thought it was a trophy of some past road kill incident...... what is it all about ???
The Clown:confused:

so you dont have to wear green wellies and tuck the ends of the seat cover into them to get the general effect then?? LOL
Clown :D :D

I got one here

Barb, who runs Alaska Leather rides a GS and makes a neat cover. No more 'square arse' - these things really work. Don't know what she'd do about shipping them to your part of the world, but they're very light and shipping should be inexpensive.

BiggaPope said:
I got one here

Barb, who runs Alaska Leather rides a GS and makes a neat cover. No more 'square arse' - these things really work. Don't know what she'd do about shipping them to your part of the world, but they're very light and shipping should be inexpensive.

Barb rocks - I recommend her to everyone that asks about a sheepskin seatcover...She's also a member on AdvRider.com - there's a good thread on her product on AdvRider as well...

-Todd

Just spoken to Sheepland to order a budget rug and see if it cures Saharan Saddle on y Dakar........:thumb

However.....................

She was all over the place and apologised because.............

they'd been broken into overnight and had equipment etc stolen :(

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

got mine from the one of the sheep off the farm we used to have. Had it on for about four months now, I definitely recommend it.

sheep.jpg

when you gonna finish the crazy paving? :D

Back
Top Bottom