Zumo update

skellum

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apparently the Garmin webupdater loads Version 3.3 onto your Zumo now - this looks like it will resolve the recalculation issue at long last.....!!!

Well spotted, Item one the list “Added a user selectable Off Route Recalculation Mode” sounds good!

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1907

Changes made from version 3.20 to 3.30:
• Added a user selectable Off Route Recalculation Mode
• Updated Compass and Trip Computer displays to remember their last page mode
• Enabled Bluetooth troubleshooting whenever a phone is paired
• Allow volume adjustment when using a Bluetooth headset with audio option set to phone only
• Added Lithuanian text language support
• Corrected issues in Trip log archive support that resulted in 0 length files and false reporting of full logs
• Corrected issue on Compass page that prevented it from displaying the heading
• Corrected flashing on the Enter Coordinates page
• Corrected issue that allowed the page key to escape from the pin entry for Garmin Lock
• Corrected rare issue that could prevent proper startup when custom POI files contain a large number of bitmaps
• Corrected problem ejecting on Mac computers

Nice one. Hopefully the new Bluetooth stack will help the disconnects.

I really think they listen to us :D

Nice one. Hopefully the new Bluetooth stack will help the disconnects.

I really think they listen to us :D
Some do read this forum; I had an email chat with one of the a few months back, so word does get back <sometimes>

<Sigh> looks like I'll have to buy one now :-(

So does this mean that the major complain about the Zumo (on the UKGSer site) has been resolved?

Here is a screen grab of the new options.

Attachments

• IMG_8322.jpg
    IMG_8322.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 385
Thanks for the picture! Auto zoom is still unresolved as far as I know; bur for most being able to control the recalc mode is a major plus.

Great news, looks like a valid replacement for my Quest1 when it bites the dust :)

I wonder if the latest Zumo update now includes receiving and sending text messages from its screen via bluetooth if connected with a bluetooth handset. Tom Tom Rider can do that! Yes, with Tom Tom, you will be alerted by a prompt message saying that you have 1 text message received on its screen whilst riding on a road! Just pull over, read, reply, send and ride away without taking your mobile handset from inside your jacket or removing your gloves!

I wonder if the latest Zumo update now includes receiving and sending text messages from its screen via bluetooth if connected with a bluetooth handset. Tom Tom Rider can do that! Yes, with Tom Tom, you will be alerted by a prompt message saying that you have 1 text message received on its screen whilst riding on a road! Just pull over, read, reply, send and ride away without taking your mobile handset from inside your jacket or removing your gloves!

A friend's Nuvi actually 'speaks' the text message, ISTR.

Although, while riding, I personally think it's a major distraction.

It's all amazing technology when you think about it though :D

Good news in relation to being able to switch of the recalculate feature :)

Now all Garmin need to do is include an option to switch off autozoom and I'll be happy to buy one.

Till then I'll stick with the Quest :beerjug:

Peter

Camping

Got 3.3 but still no Campsites under POI. The Yanks have it - so why not us?

What's the problem with Auto Zoom then?

If it zooms in when you don't want it to, you just press a button to change it..:nenau

...now all it needs is to prompt for 'Faster time' or 'Shorter distance' when you ask it to calculate a route...

3.3 also is able to guess the map sizes better.

Had a look at my mates Zumo the other day. Excellent piece of kit, and as Kev says, a good replacement for the Quest. However couldn't find any Tracking tool on the device itself, did I miss it? It was really handy on the Quest, when using the worldmap last year in Canada> I had just about every road drawn in around my Uncles gaff in the arsehole of nowhere, by the time I'd finished!

Woho! and my 2000 post on something technical!:bounce1

3.3 also is able to guess the map sizes better.

Had a look at my mates Zumo the other day. Excellent piece of kit, and as Kev says, a good replacement for the Quest. However couldn't find any Tracking tool on the device itself, did I miss it? It was really handy on the Quest, when using the worldmap last year in Canada> I had just about every road drawn in around my Uncles gaff in the arsehole of nowhere, by the time I'd finished!

Woho! and my 2000 post on something technical!:bounce1

Yep - the Zumo tracks where you've been. You can even export the track into Google Earth and 'fly' the route. Now that's cool.

Tell me how please. Does it do it automatically, or have you the option of switching it on or off! I'd like to pass it on to my friend as he thought it was a great use of the GPS!

Tell me how please. Does it do it automatically, or have you the option of switching it on or off! I'd like to pass it on to my friend as he thought it was a great use of the GPS!

Page #41 of his manual :thumb2

Attachments

• ScreenShot048.jpg
    ScreenShot048.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 194

You cannot switch the tracklog (triplog) off
You do have a choice whether it displays or not

Got 3.3 but still no Campsites under POI. The Yanks have it - so why not us?

Because NavTeq (the mapping provider) does not include it in their UK data.
Send them an email requesting it and maybe in a year or two, if there is enough demand, they will include it.

NavTeq is also the mapping supplier for North America

Back
Top Bottom