Rear footpegs?

Are there any available to clamp to the frame for the odd '2 up' blast...:nenau
Yup, B*W do a set that bolts across the rear subframe tubes, I have a set here that I have not yet fitted that I can take a picture of if you want?

Expensive but perfect.The only trouble is that you need to puff up the air shock everytime for two up.And readjust it after.

Footpegs high position

My lady says that the foot pegs are very well positioned for the female pasenger, this along with no balance sheft giving greater vibrations puts a smile on her face every ride.:p
The footpegs are great to lean back into in deep sand moving weight onto the back wheel, plus they are perfect to strap your luggage on to.
A big thanks to the designers at BMW from my wife.:rose

My lady says that the foot pegs are very well positioned for the female pasenger, this along with no balance sheft giving greater vibrations puts a smile on her face every ride.:p
The footpegs are great to lean back into in deep sand moving weight onto the back wheel, plus they are perfect to strap your luggage on to.
A big thanks to the designers at BMW from my wife.:rose

How about a picture showing you guys two up riding:clap

saw an HP with more adds on than mr. strapon (inner space by disney is where the film ref. comes from in case your wondering)

it had a set of the rear frame mounting footpegs things looked really good, head guards and throttle thingy protectors, final drive cover and a smart looking screen sort of cross between a GPZ500 mini screen and instrument cover. cruise control and some other stuff really nicely done.

I can mail better pictures if you want, I have no idea what they cost new as these came off fleaBay - not sure they were ever used though, I was going to bung them on mine but never got round to it.

Attachments

• DSC01739.JPG
    DSC01739.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 451
I can mail better pictures if you want, I have no idea what they cost new as these came off fleaBay - not sure they were ever used though, I was going to bung them on mine but never got round to it.

Cheers, they're pretty trick lookin, and I have a nasty feeling like all beemer stuff that it's going to cost an arm'n'leg...:eek:

:thumb

Cheers, they're pretty trick lookin, and I have a nasty feeling like all beemer stuff that it's going to cost an arm'n'leg...:eek:

Yup, they are sure to be very expensive being B*W :blast I guess the best thing is keep an eye on fleaBay and use it as an excuse to keep the back seat empty....

I'm thinking of ditching the 12ADV for one as I'm not really gonna have the time to do much touring over the next couple of years!

I need a bike I can just jump on and have some fun off road and scratch about on the twisty 'B's' of Wales and a little light 2up riding.

Do ya reckon I'll be happy astride the HP?

I need a bike I can just jump on and have some fun off road and scratch about on the twisty 'B's' of Wales and a little light 2up riding.

Fun = HP2 so no problems so far, 2 up riding - no idea. Get one with both sets of wheels if you can and double your fun, you can also get some very good deals on HP2's in the UK right now and people seem to want 1200 Adventures so you could be onto a good thing :)

Fun = HP2 so no problems so far, 2 up riding - no idea. Get one with both sets of wheels if you can and double your fun, you can also get some very good deals on HP2's in the UK right now and people seem to want 1200 Adventures so you could be onto a good thing :)

Yeah, I've been into my dealer today (Clark's in Brum) to make some enquiries. They haven't had a 12ADV come in yet second-hand!

Would you happen to know if my Remus can will fit from my GS to the HP?

Also, what bulb fitment is the headlamp on the HP?

I have seen a few variations on the theme so I guess they are factory sprayed or customer replicas - they do look good and I am tempted myself, however at least in blue with grey primer I can tell people it needs finishing when they ask where the missing parts are :eek:

I'm thinking of ditching the 12ADV for one as I'm not really gonna have the time to do much touring over the next couple of years!

The HP2 is the REAL thing.Go for it without a thought.You will never again want to sit on a 12 GS or ADV.Not for 5'.Never.
Get both wheelsets.

The HP2 is the REAL thing.Go for it without a thought.You will never again want to sit on a 12 GS or ADV.Not even for 5 minutes.....Never.

Get both wheelsets.

I think he meant to say as I've corrected his post above...:D

Another question!

Can you get the HP with factory fitted heated grips? It's not listed in the optional extras...

I think he meant to say as I've corrected his post above...:D

Another question!

Can you get the HP with factory fitted heated grips? It's not listed in the optional extras...
Yes they are available and some guys on here run them, quite how though I do not know as the standard battery is pretty dire.

The more I look the more B*W options I find for the HP2, I am sure a dealer list exists someweher, I have just not found it yet.

Back
Top Bottom