Problem with two-way radios- Autocom

haydw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Will probably ring the good fellows at Autocom later, but will see if anyone has any suggestions first-
I have an active rider system and have just bought the interface for a motorola GP radio- I have been testing it at home and the radios are fine when not plugged in, but when I plug one into the autocom when I am receiving a transmission it is very crackly and breaks up, plus the light that comes on the radio when receiving a transmission pulses at the end of the transmission- I have made sure that the radios are charged (they show fully charged on the charger even though the batteries are old)- so has anyone any ideas???

is it push to talk? PTT or voice activated? VOX if it's voice could be your send volume is set too sensitive and your transmitting background noise, try the volume control on both radio and autocom could be that resolves it.

best of luck

Problems with radio's

When I had bike 2 bike radios (autocom / icom) I found that they didnt work well if you were testing them , say on the drive, before you went out for a ride. As soon as you got the bikes 20 - 40 feet apart they worked fine.

John

When I had bike 2 bike radios (autocom / icom) I found that they didnt work well if you were testing them , say on the drive, before you went out for a ride. As soon as you got the bikes 20 - 40 feet apart they worked fine.

John

I've found this too. Also, have you set the radio's to the same sub-chanell? About five or six of us regularly use bike to bike, and we all ended up putting PTT switches in because we found it just too hit and miss getting all the VOX's set right.

Back
Top Bottom