Garmin Zumo - suppliers?

wildernessrob

Reaction score
Ive just tried to buy a Zumo 550 from Motorrad Concepts, but they are out of stock. Are there any firm recommendations for Garmin sellers out there? Cost is obviously an important factor, but I would like to deal with someone decent who can be trusted in case of technical problems.

I need the unit soon, as Im off to Europe at the begining of June, so need time to fit, hard wire it, and learning how to use it.

Ive just tried to buy a Zumo 550 from Motorrad Concepts, but they are out of stock. Are there any firm recommendations for Garmin sellers out there? Cost is obviously an important factor, but I would like to deal with someone decent who can be trusted in case of technical problems.

I need the unit soon, as Im off to Europe at the begining of June, so need time to fit, hard wire it, and learning how to use it.

Just doing this myself. There are lots of internet sellers out there selling at around £470-480 delivered (inc VAT). However I've tried phoning/emailing a few and the response has been pathetic, they only want to take your money and sell. I guess they are cutting costs to the bone and we shouldn't expect much support from companies selling at these prices when those well known for good support are selling at £50-100 more. Most of the internet sellers say any problems then go to Garmin- so we seem to have a choice, cheap and your on your own or expensive and with support.

TBH provided the goods arrive quickly and in good order I don't really have a problem with a return to Garmin type of support. I sort of hope I won't need it anyway and untimately that's what the retailer is going to do anyway.

I bought mine in a special promotion in Motor World and I got the price of internet right on my local shop. Check if they still have this offer.

7cuero

I bought mine in a special promotion in Motor World and I got the price of internet right on my local shop. Check if they still have this offer.

7cuero
Yep they still do it at £479.99, same price on line or at a local shop(Motor World), they include some speed camera stuff with a limited period licence and I didn't fancy this as I've had trouble getting rid of this sort of thing on PCs. GlobalpositioningSystems.com do it for £472.95, but best was pentagongps.com at £459.95 however when I phoned them I got no reply which isn't good.

Thanks chaps for your recommendations & useful suggestions. I have Googled it, but my point was the reliability & attitude of the supplier in the event of a problem.

Halfrauds have just started selling Zumo,s so I looked in there this afternoon, but they wont arrive at my local store for 3-4 weeks, and they are only listing a Zumo 400 in their flyer:nenau.

Ill go with Boxertools suggestion (Cheers:thumb2 ) and try Mary at Lings tomorrow.

my point was the reliability & attitude of the supplier in the event of a problem.

Yep, nothing worse than a 'here today, gone tomorrow' fly-b-night....:mad:

Promise the world, then fail to deliver on their promises...:nono

Luckily with distance selling legislation these days, you do have some protection in law...

pentagon GPd (do a google) 479 plus 5 delivery and next day too

pentagon GPd (do a google) 479 plus 5 delivery and next day too
Their doing a 'Bank holiday special' £459.99 although it wasn't long ago when they were called Sheffield GPS, I'm sure it's innocent but I wonder why the name change? :nenau

I got the Zumo 550 from Mary Hyde after recomendation from Boxertools. No probs. got it in a few days. OBisss :thumb2

Their doing a 'Bank holiday special' £459.99 although it wasn't long ago when they were called Sheffield GPS, I'm sure it's innocent but I wonder why the name change? :nenau

Dont know why they had the name change but its part of the huge Pentagon group of main dealers for Toyota, Lexus etc.
The GPS office is actually in the Toyota showroom.

Back
Top Bottom