what unit second hand

ktmmark

Reaction score
Been looking @ garmin on ebay as i need a gps but cant afford new :tears
But i dont have any idea which is best for the bike & europe so can enyone tell me what unit will do ( i will be using it on my bmw ) are they water proof :nenau

If you can find one a 'pre-loved' Streetpilot 2610 would be my choice :thumb2

With the quest recently going for 200 new I would say save your pennies and buy new.
Except with a Quest, out of the box, your range in Europe will be limited due to the fixed memory combined with the big mapping tile sizes in City Navigator. You can use MetroGuide Europe (which retains the smaller tiles of earlier versions) when loaded onto the unit using MetroWizzz. The only downsides of this is the marginally more complex map loading process (it's a sort of Wizard led thing) and that roundabouts get, for example, "turn right" instead of "take 3rd exit" on the audio directions. However, a quick glance at the screen shows the correct exit if there's any ambiguity.

MetroWizzz is free and MetoGuide Europe v8 can be had for £50-£60 from eBay. V9 has just been released but I have only seen one go on eBay and that was for £100. No unlock code is required for MetroGuide.

Personally I would go for a 2610 if you anticipate doing lots of European touring. Ensure the unit you buy comes with recent, if not current, mapping (City Navigator v9 is the latest) and has the unlock codes and all accessories that originally came in the box.

if you want to be able to use it away from the bike then Quest.
Otherwise another vote for the 2610.

2610 :thumb2
Great useability, nice big screen, you can use it in the car and the memory is expandable to allow you to get whole of europe V9 on it.

...are they water proof :nenau

2610 is waterproof. I have a 2720, works well, bike and car. :thumb

Quest is waterproof also,
but,
beware Quest 2, slow recalc times and poor satelite lock.

Quest 1 used happily by others here however and it has bonus of being
more portable, it's smaller with internal battery so you can use it off the bike
as noted by others!

Last edited:
No competition, a 2610 !!
When I updated to a Zumo 'which I love' I sold my 2610 and it was like saying goodbye to friend.

Bloody hell! I'm gonna have to see a doctor :eek:

No competition, a 2610 !!
When I updated to a Zumo 'which I love' I sold my 2610 and it was like saying goodbye to friend.

Bloody hell! I'm gonna have to see a doctor :eek:

i would say 2610 with a large card also, but have a quest for sale as iv upgraded to a zumo :augie

Just got a Quest 1 bundle, new, as it's small enough to shove in a pocket when out in the evening, comes with RAM mount, and power cable to wire to the battery and socket for your headphones, and european mapping. For £230it suits me sir, ooooh!

http://www.gpsw.co.uk/details/prod2780.html

Back
Top Bottom