Paddock stand for F650 GS Dakar

_pi_

Is there a cheap paddock/service stand available for Dakar? I find chain oiling a pain without a centre stand and dont have a garage to work in.

Would like to spend less than the approx 120 quid for a touratech fixed centre stand. Would have thought there is a cheaper option. Dont need the centre stand for everyday use.

Paddock Stand

Go to the Hein Gerike site; Hein-Gericke

Type in (or copy and paste) 29000260 in the order number box, and a blue stand should appear.

It's NOT in the Hein Gericke catalogue but IS in the shops, AND you can use it on your own, I had one for my 650 Dakar.

Top bit of kit, about 25 quid I think, easy to use.

Oh, it's also white, not blue...............

Roy.

_pi_

I bought one of these when I came back from buying all the bits off Roys Dakar when he sold it & mentioned it. The guy who bought the bike bought it off him!

Tried it on the Dakar before I bought it - dead easy.

Top bit of kit! :thumb

Makes chain oiling/waxing & adjustment simple.

i think ill pop down the the HG in stockwell on the weekend then...

pi,
have you considered buying a standard 650 stand and having it extended? You have the stand with you always then. £65 for the BMW stand and then say £10 at your local welders.
Mines lasted 2 years and no problems using it (and it doesn't get in the way off road either).

I can email more details if you're interested.

Ride safely............

Spout said:
pi,
have you considered buying a standard 650 stand and having it extended? You have the stand with you always then. £65 for the BMW stand and then say £10 at your local welders.
Mines lasted 2 years and no problems using it (and it doesn't get in the way off road either).

I can email more details if you're interested.

Ride safely............

hmmm maybe not a bad idea... iv just got no idea where to find a welder in SW london. what is involved in extending it? do you have pics of yours?

pi, pics can be seen on the "New exhaust can" thread

lots of welders in London, surely?..................

thx lads. bought the HG enduro stand on the w/e. works a charm.... washed it and lubed chain.

Back
Top Bottom